Can anyone tell me the major differences between these products? I am wanting to do some recording, and want to know which one is the best to get. The UX2 and 2.0 are $200 and the X3 is $400, what is the difference? And if there is one, is there a better method for home-recording for the same price or less?
Set Up:
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR
ESP LTD EX-401
AMP: Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Sanpera Footpedal
The software is basically the same, it's just there's more inputs the more expensive they get. I think the X3 has an XLR port too, not sure. I have the GX and it's fine for recording.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

The X3 will have more stuff, both software and hardware and that's about it. If all you want to do is recording I'd get the UX2, you practically get the same hardware. And to the poster above, the UX2 actually has 2 XLR inputs, both with phantom power (irrelevant unless you have a condenser mic anyhow).
Last edited by goodolcola at Sep 23, 2010,
I knew it was one or the other... Damn it.

For the most part, if you are recording vocals you won't need phantom power so that shouldn't really bother you. (Not that you can't use a condenser mic for vocals, just most people use dynamic ones like the SM58 etc).

Personally I would save the money and buy a cheaper one. They all do the same shit in a round-a-bout way anyway.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

I'd most certainly go with the UX2 for recording! The Pods are completely different kind of hardware.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.