Saw this guitar for 800 EUR on a second hand guitar forum. I couldn't resist buying it. Such a steal... I even got the original SH11 bridge pickup with it and a belt with straplocks.

Review:

Features:
* Solid mahogany 1 piece body
* Flame Maple top
* Mahogany set neck
* Ebony fretboard
* Abalone block inlays
* Mother of Pearl logo + custom shop logo
* Nickel Hardware
* Seymour Duncan 59 neck pickup
* DiMarzio Crunchlab bridge pickup
* Tone Pros bridge
* Grover 18:1 Tuners
* Buzz Feiten Tuning System

Sound: Very Les Paul -ish. What did you expect with a full mahogany guitar with maple top?

Playability:
Very good. It has a slightly thicker neck than the ESP's, but its very comfy. It's a C shaped neck profile. Jumbo medium frets, very well cut and filed. Upper fret access is WAY better than a Les paul, and also better than my Eclipse. The back of the neck (and in fact the whole guitar) is satin finished, so that's a plus too.
This guitar plays ANY gibson custom out of the water.

Build quality: Same level (maybe slightly better) as my Jackson USA, so a bit higher quality than the ESP's standard series.

Here it is: The washburn WI 568 Idol USA Custom Shop.

Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 27, 2010,
I saw that guitar and felt my life had a purpose, and that purpose is to GAS that guitar...

HNGD! Its gorgeous
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
Quote by richyt93
I saw that guitar and felt my life had a purpose, and that purpose is to GAS that guitar...

HNGD! Its gorgeous

It's discontinued, and this one is a one of a kind. You wont find them with ebony fb and without body binding.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Dude, this just made me pissed off that I didn't have the money to buy it. D:<
HNGD! Honestly, these are bloody brilliant guitars, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I would. :p
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
wow, that's a total steal, surely? Nice score
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thx. Yeah, they are discontinued, and there are some on the bay going for 1999$ second hand. I saw one being sold for that price a month ago.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
woah, that's pretty good then
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, in fact, when i saw that guitar was sold for almost 2k, i thought: what moron bought that for 2K? That's almost what they cost new...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It looks very PRS-Esqe
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
I hate you... Oh I hate you so much!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by adj209
It looks very PRS-Esqe

Now that you mention... It actually does!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The body shape doesn't strike a chord with me particularly, but I love the top, it looks gorgeous . HNGD!
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Aaagghh,it was actually on one of the belgian secondhand things?!

I'm smacking myself in the face for not seeing it! D:

Congrats tho
Blackstar HT5 Combo
Jackson RR24
Epiphone Annihilation V red

Loving guitar playing since;June'09
Quote by Youri
Aaagghh,it was actually on one of the belgian secondhand things?!

I'm smacking myself in the face for not seeing it! D:

Congrats tho

yeah, i saw it on the gearspot forum. Nice place to keep an eye on. I've seen many good deals pass there.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
holy hell that is beautiful!! Washburn's seem to be one of the under-rated guitar manufacturers who consistently produce quality instruments. GASing after one of their hollowbody's!

Anyway, HNGD!

If you somehow find your guitar missing, i SWEAR it wasn't me
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
I really rate them. Even the Korean Idols are pretty damn good.
USA Washburn stuff is fantastic.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

HNGD and now update your sig

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
Thx for all kind replies guys.

I tested the axe yesterday in repetition, and i have a feeling that this is going to be my new favorite guitar. I love all my others, but this guitar is just perfect for me. Neck profile, fretboard width, tone, feel, weight, ... It all fits perfectly.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl