I feel silly asking about a $100 pedal vs a $30 one but the Dano doesn't seem to have the noise issues the Boss does. As far as the plastic case, I plan to pretty much always have it on so that shouldn't be an issue. For those of you who have used both what do you prefer? Like I said I'm focused more on sound quality than anything else.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Sounds like you already made up your mind. I haven't heard very many bad things about the Fish & Chips. I have a Boss because I got a really good deal on it used and it's MIJ, and I need pedals that will put the finger in the face of live playing. If none of those things are important to you, then there's really no reason for you to spend more on the Boss.

For the record though, the GE7 has no noise whatsoever. I don't know if that has anything to do with mine being MIJ or not though, as I've never tried any other ones.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I recently bought a Fish n' chips pedal. For me, an EQ pedal's and EQ pedal. I tried the GE-7, but it's not really that much better. Both have the same frequency ranges and a level knob.

The only con about the Fish n' chips is that the on/off switch is really small. But since you're gonna keep it on all the time, it's no problem.

Fish n' Chips gets my vote.
Gear
Fender Hotrod Deville 2x12
Fender MIM Strat | Epi Dot 335
Fulltone '69 mkii | Boss OD-1
'95 RAT2 | '78 IC Big Muff | DL4
^ An EQ pedal cannot "destroy your tone". It just makes no logical sense. If that's happening to you, perhaps you need to get better at EQ'ing. It can be very difficult to do, especially with certain setups.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
the fish n chips is a decent EQ...and I thought it was a lot quieter than the boss...especially in the loop. If you're even considering buying a boss for $100...just buy a used MXR 10-band if you want a pedalEQ.......Or, if you're really into tweaking...a 31-band rack EQ
Quote by Offworld92
^ An EQ pedal cannot "destroy your tone". It just makes no logical sense. If that's happening to you, perhaps you need to get better at EQ'ing. It can be very difficult to do, especially with certain setups.

BossIt sucks your tone, that's what I was meaning. I have the danelectro and have used enough boss pedals to know
Get a GE-7, do the Monte Allums mod, enjoy. No tone suck, no noise; Just a wicked EQ pedal.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I'm sorry, but that's simply not true. I was curious, and I tested. I took the GE7 out of my loop, played a riff. Put it back in with it off, played the same riff. Turned it on when with a flat EQ and played it again. It sounded almost exactly the same each time. The amount of tone it sucked in the loop was seriously negligible. I had to strain my ears to be able to tell a difference, which could also mean that I could have imagined it.

I don't know if it has anything to do with superior components because mine is MIJ or not. I'm not trying to saying it's better than the newer pedals, because I honestly don't know if it differs or not. But if the newer pedals do actually suck tone, that might be why mine doesn't.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I got a used GE-7 and it works well. It's also quiet if you set it right. Plus the thing will survive a nuclear holocaust. The Dano is okay, but I'd go with the Boss just because it's a tank.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
MXR 10 band > Boss
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Dano, without a doubt. You can also just rehouse it and probably find a way to true bypass it. Meaning you get an awesome EQ for far cheaper than a modded Boss would set you back.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

the tone suck of the GE7 is wildy overexaggerated. Most people who claim this don't know how to EQ worth a rat's ass. It's a fine EQ.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
^ The tone suck is, I didn't really notice any tone suck. But it is a noisy SOB.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
Dano, without a doubt. You can also just rehouse it and probably find a way to true bypass it. Meaning you get an awesome EQ for far cheaper than a modded Boss would set you back.
$30 or $40 maybe - and remember: The modded Boss will still be better than the essentially stock Dano.

Quote by Jhachey22
the tone suck of the GE7 is wildy overexaggerated. Most people who claim this don't know how to EQ worth a rat's ass. It's a fine EQ.
In all fairness, if you're using the GE7 to push up any of the frequencies more than a little it will get noisy. Don't even bother trying to tell me it won't, I own one and spent a lot of time determining whether it would be worth modding. That being said, however, if you drop the $25-30 on the Allums mod you've got a pedal that shits all over an MXR 10-band.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
In all fairness, if you're using the GE7 to push up any of the frequencies more than a little it will get noisy. Don't even bother trying to tell me it won't, I own one and spent a lot of time determining whether it would be worth modding. That being said, however, if you drop the $25-30 on the Allums mod you've got a pedal that shits all over an MXR 10-band.

One thing left to say.... BOOM.
I found an MIJ GE7 for $2 more than the current model but it's in worse condition. Hmm. Also found an MXR 10 band for $60 used which is about $20 more than the GE7's. Decisions decisions.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.