Hey guys! I'm trying to become better at guitar while i still have the time for it. The thing is I can Bullet for my valentine songs and solos pretty easily now and i need more challenging stuff to learn but songs like Technical difficulties by Paul Gilbert seems to be out of my league ATM.

I need to find stuff in between to learn and so far i haven't found anything harder than bfmv/killswitch engage stuff and easier than paul gilbert stuff for example.

I'd love to get some suggestions! Thank you! BTW i play in D standard mostly but i can play in Drop B, Drop C, Drop D, and E standard
Try playing some August Burns Red songs, that's what I started to play a while after I got tired of BFMV! Reaaally sweet riffs and breakdowns! Not very much solo's though but the riffing is unparalleled!
Quote by grungefan89
Hooker! Could someone please buy this kid a hooker?

Let me know when you can actually fuck a cartoon chick in the beared clam and give me a call. I've forgotten what it feels like to shit my pants.
Try instead of practicing songs, practice your technique. Take a metronome, sit down, and run some scales, arpeggio's, sweeps, all that good stuff.
ledzeppelin7510 wrote:

come on guys, this could be great for Portnoy; remember when Neil Peart left Rush to join My Chemical Romance? Oh...wait...
Quote by Magnificoamar
Try instead of practicing songs, practice your technique. Take a metronome, sit down, and run some scales, arpeggio's, sweeps, all that good stuff.

Yeah i try to do that alot but I still never use any of them when i improvise somehow.. It's like i'm scared to try to go fast and stuff when i improvise so i improvise very carefully.. It can get quite boring at times but..

Yeah well i'll try some August burns red songs! thanks man I'm open for more suggestions too!
Last edited by Mackan1994 at Sep 23, 2010,