I have a couple of callus questions for someone to hopefully answer. first off im 14 and ive been playing bass for 2 and a half years. just last night i finally got blisters on my index and middle fingers (plucking hand) and what do I do in order for these to turn into calluses? how long will they last?
Last edited by jonseyisgod at Sep 23, 2010,
Don't pop the blisters, cover them with a bandaid before playing or if they pop while playing they most likely will get infected. Let them pop on their own. The only way to get calluses is to use your fingers continuously. They will only stay if you keep using them as well. If not they will shed off.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Quote by xkreedx
Don't pop the blisters, cover them with a bandaid before playing or if they pop while playing they most likely will get infected. Let them pop on their own. The only way to get calluses is to use your fingers continuously. They will only stay if you keep using them as well. If not they will shed off.

what about popping very lightly and then put neosporin on it then a bandage?
Quote by jonseyisgod
what about popping very lightly and then put neosporin on it then a bandage?

In my experience, it's going to hurt to play, almost debilitating. Haha
Just leave them, seriously. Different people will tell you all kinds of magic cures or quick fixes but it's really not that complicated. Wait until they heal over (or heal enough so that you can play again) and soon enough the skin will harden and it will hardly be a problem anymore.