Mid 80's 100 Watt, JCM 900 Marshall Amp..Valvestate. 1960A style cabinet.

$450 on craigslist, is it worth it

yes i know i should test drive it first as well, thank you for your concern
hey man, just so that you know, that is not a JCM 900, it is a valvestate 100 which was released sometime in the 90's. the cab is a marshall 1960A, JCM 900 series, which was released in the 90's. Although it's not a bad deal, id try it out first. and IMO i would stay away from the valvestate, but if you can cut a sweet deal on the cab, you should go for it!

BTW, the ValveState is not a tube amp! it has a tube preamp, solid state power section.
Valvestate amps are modeling amps, and not particularly great ones. I would not get a halfstack of it , generally speaking. Genre of music? budget? current gear? Location?

EDIT: what jackson said about the cab being good is pretty true. do you already have a head?
CURRENT RIG:
Gibson SG Special Faded 3PU w/ SD pups
Epi LP Special II
Mesa/Boogie Maverick 2x12 combo
Ernie Ball Wah
Blackout Effectors Fix'd Fuzz V3 Dlx
Fulltone ChoralFlange
Roland Micro Cube
Last edited by Da_Man_J-Teezy at Sep 23, 2010,
^^^ what he said Cab sounds badasss

Edit: Jackson is the guy I was tlkin bout
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Also this cab was probably made before celestion speakers began to be made in china in the late 90's/early 2000's, so it probably sounds better than many that you'd find in the store therese days, and it will be cheaper as well
ahh thanks guys,

no i dont have a head
what do you guys think JUST the cab is worth? what do you think i should offer?

i did not know that vavlestate wasn't tube and im not longer interested in that so thank you jackson, i had a marshall tube amp and thats what i want to get again

i just thought this seemed like a good deal, but i have very little knowledge when it comes to amps, i just know what i like lol
Quote by dustin3745
ahh thanks guys,

no i dont have a head
what do you guys think JUST the cab is worth? what do you think i should offer?

i did not know that vavlestate wasn't tube and im not longer interested in that so thank you jackson, i had a marshall tube amp and thats what i want to get again

i just thought this seemed like a good deal, but i have very little knowledge when it comes to amps, i just know what i like lol

for the cab, id offer him about 300-400, anywhere in that region, and then go for a different head of your choice.
Quote by jackson1040
for the cab, id offer him about 300-400, anywhere in that region, and then go for a different head of your choice.

jackson, thank you good sir!
much appreciated
Well he's selling the WHOLE thing for 450. I imagine you could cut a deal for the cab for 200-250.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by CL/\SH
Well he's selling the WHOLE thing for 450. I imagine you could cut a deal for the cab for 200-250.

that would also be a possibility, depends on the guy,some people dont like getting lowballed
Quote by Da_Man_J-Teezy
Valvestate amps are modeling amps, and not particularly great ones. I would not get a halfstack of it , generally speaking. Genre of music? budget? current gear? Location?

EDIT: what jackson said about the cab being good is pretty true. do you already have a head?

No, they aren't. they're just your run of the mill big name venture into cheap SS amps to run the campany's name into the ground.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.