my ehx knockout equaliser is creating loads of humm through my amp, what could this be?
I would suggest a noise gate, but that's not what you need in your case.

Just try cleaning up your power supply. Think about investing ino a power conditioner. These things are a life saver as well as cleaning out the "gremlin's" in your power supply.
the same power supply is also powering a behringer pedal tuner, but the pedal still hums when the power supply is only powering the EQ
Quote by tele-jord
the same power supply is also powering a behringer pedal tuner, but the pedal still hums when the power supply is only powering the EQ

I'm sure you have tried it but...

Is the hum still present when you plug directly from Guitar>Amp?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by tele-jord
yeah i have tried that, and there is no hum then

Have you done that with both your instrument cables? Trying each one?

Sorry, I'm kinda detailed about this stuff.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
EQ's tend to be rather noisy pedals a noise gate should sort ito out though
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
I wouldn't cheap out on a noise gate, there can be a pretty drastic difference in a cheap-o and good one.

I've personally never tried the Behringer, but just to be on the safe side, I'd suggest you go with a used Boss NS-2. Last I checked, they're ~$50 (~37 EUR) on eBay. There's a bit of a price difference, but I can say from experience the Boss is good quality.

If budget isn't a concern, though, get an ISP Decimator (~$100 or ~75 EUR). They're the best suppressors that I've ever used.
Gear:
Guitars: ESP/LTD EC-400, Ibanez GRX20, Washburn D-10 M/TWR
Amp: Peavey Vypyr 75
Pedals: Digitech Whammy, Boss DS-1, Boss CH-1, Sanpera I

YDG!?