I tried to download iTunes 10 today, and after the update, it crashes as soon as I click play. So I tried WMP, same story, "Windows Media Player is not responding" as soon as I click play. Winamp does the same thing.

No matter what song I play, no matter what player I use, nothing will play music.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
This is one for the computer thread, but...

It might well be your audio card drivers. I doubt it's anything to do with MP3 encoding. It's probably stuck in an I/O wait. Try opening and playing one of the files in audacity - does it crash on opening or playback? or neither?
Quote by szekelymihai
Winamp. Never let me down

He tried winamp. You can't even read the first post?

Quote by Laird95
VLC, that is all

VLC's decoder / disk i/o is as independent of the others as they are of eachother. How would it help?
if no media player plays music, it's probably your audio drivers.
go update them.

if that doesn't work it's probably your OS.
go get Linux.
No sound card on the market doesn't have windows drivers. I use ubuntu day-in-day-out, but linux is an extreme step. If there is some kind of massive unfixable driver problem, the next logical step would be a windows re-installation.
Possibly codecs. The folks in the computer thread will have good advice too.
I restarted my computer and updated Adobe, now it works. Probably should have tried that in the first place
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
I restarted my computer and updated Adobe, now it works. Probably should have tried that in the first place

I came here to say 'restart your computer' x)