Hi guys, we're a relatively new band that have not long recorded a set of 5 demo tracks! The quality isn't amazing and there's still work to be done, but if you guys could give it a listen and / or give us an add, any comments would be appreciated massively!

Cheers!

www.myspace.com/stalemateuk
Quote by derbylad
Hi guys, we're a relatively new band that have not long recorded a set of 5 demo tracks! The quality isn't amazing and there's still work to be done, but if you guys could give it a listen and / or give us an add, any comments would be appreciated massively!

Cheers!

www.myspace.com/stalemateuk

Listening to Not What We Want right now, really like your guys stuff. We are getting ready to record here, how did you record your stuff?
Cheers man!

When we recorded, we did the Rhythm parts live and I doubled up the Rhythm guitar parts, then with that track down I over dubbed the lead parts, then we did the same with the vocals. In a 6 hour session we got 5 tracks done including mixing time.

Got a link I can check out?
Quote by derbylad
Cheers man!

When we recorded, we did the Rhythm parts live and I doubled up the Rhythm guitar parts, then with that track down I over dubbed the lead parts, then we did the same with the vocals. In a 6 hour session we got 5 tracks done including mixing time.

Got a link I can check out?

That sounds very close to how we were planning on doing it. In my sig, but our sound has changed a bit since those crappy recordings .
Cheers for the comments guys. I've friended both of your bands. Thought they were both very good!

We've got a band near me with a similar sort of sound the Abercion called Enemo J, they played download. Its good pit fodder, nice meaty headbanging metal.

Zen was cool too, real chilling music for when you're with your mates in the sun with a few beers
Got some gigs booked! Having just played a successful one in The Vaults in Derby, now have one booked for the 9th December at Nickels Bar in Chesterfield and one at The Maze in Nottingham on the 15th Check us out!
Wayyy! Another band in the Derby area!

I'm having a listen to your stuff now. I will overlook the recording quality, as that's been mentioned and you know better than anyone! Your music sounds real fun - you could certainly thrash out to it! There's a great energy about it, which I guess is what punk is all about.

There are minor tuning and timing issues, but those are easily overlooked, and if anything, they add to the style and the message. You're not breaking any new ground but I don't think you're trying to. I'd love to hear how you guys with some better production values, or live, for that matter.

Check out my band? Link to the thread is in my sig
Cheers mate!

Yeah this was a pretty rough session, 6 songs in as many hours including mixing time, was a tad rushed!

Thanks for the comments! Fun is what we're after, do what we love and hope people enjoy it as much as we do!
Sorry to say this guys but aside from the shit quality which ok i ll admit that even NOFX had their very first records in SHIT quality, still, the vocal are probably some of the worst out of tune vocals I ve ever heard in my life... THe songs have some parts that are catchy but thats because they are following the same patterns as all pop-punk and punk-rock songs. Seriously though, the vocals in all the tracks are almost making my ears bleed. Some vocal lessons would help out.

PS. I also believe that punk (that not punk though its punk-rock which is different) has a Do it Yourself attitude so you could justify the aweful vocals, but come ooooon, even sex pistols werent that out of tune...

Fix the vocals URGENTLY ASAP NOW!!!, get some proper productions as in 6 hours usually people do 1/3 of a track not 6 tracks, and you could achieve something better.

COnstructive criticism is the key
This is just pop-punk done millions of times. Nothing special. Sorry to break it to you.
I agree with elloel... but I would like to add that it is done 1000 times, but this time ts lacking in tune, in production, in creativity and talent. However, the energy is there if that counts

\m/
How did you find this thread and why did you bump it?

And yeah the vocals could use some work. It's the backing vox that are worse for the most part.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I like searching for UK Punk bands... unfortunatelly this is not one of the descent ones...