...any good? I mainly play punk & metal and I like my bass to sound crunchy nd stuff. Sooo yeahh...would it be a good purchase for me? Let me know.
The ones I've played were capable of some pretty good tones, and the Low Down 400 head through the 4x10 cabinet was able to play at high volume without distorting, which surprised me. I'm not crazy about some of the models they offer, and the sudden burst of volume that often occurs when you switch between them is as annoying as hell.

The bigger versions of the combos and the two rackmount heads haven't been around very long - about a year or so. I haven't seen anyone using them live, so that plus the newness factor means I don't know how well they hold up over the long haul. The prices aren't bad, but I think you can buy other, more tested amplifiers for the same amounts. In short, if you put one through its paces and really liked it; go for it. Otherwise, I'd look elsewhere. Acoustic's B600 head is a real bargain and is capable of better tones IMHO. It costs about the same as the HD400 head. Their combos are also more appealing then the Line 6 combos.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by halfj06
there awful, worse then there guitar amps honestly

I think their guitar amps are good tho.
If you're talking about the LowDown amps they're pretty good, I bought one about 2 weeks ago and love it. Plenty of options and different tones you can get out of it, but many people don't like them so you should try them out yourself and see if they fit you.

Cheers!
Line 6 is full of bells and whistles, and they tend to get a bad rap because of their Spider series for guitar, but the Lowdown's aren't too bad. There are just better things you could buy with the money, but they're perfectly serviceable amps. Best thing you could do would be to try it for yourself.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Yeah,I accually tried one out today at Sam Ash through a Fender Mike Dirnt Signature...it was an epic tone! Exactly what I'm lookin for. I want a Vintage Modified P-Bass tho.
What are you willing to spend? Personally I'd go for a used GK or Peavey rig, something cheapish but still good sounding and quality built. Then put a Tech 21 VT Bass pedal in front of it.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Eh, a used one of those fake Acoutics every one here raves about. Then save some proper money. And shove a VT bass pedal in front of it.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by xGreenDay182x
Fake Acoustics?

Acoustic used to produce some very very nice bass amps back in the day. However the original company has long since been no more, and Guitar Center owns the Acoustic brand name. Acoustic amps now are decent, transparent amps that have no major flaws, but aren't particularly outstanding either. They're cheap as chips though, so you can easily get a good gig-worthy acoustic rig for much less than if you bought another brand.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass