I just went to the shop retubing my bugera
And he said there was a problem, I need the bias voltage for 6L6's and el34's for a bugera 333xl, he can't find it anywhere, and he told me to figure it out, so I'm trusting you guys.

Thank you, and remember, I love you
i tell you one thing. if he was a qualified amp technician, he should get schematics and everything else from Bugera. if not, hes no good. cuz when u ask (email) bugera to give you schematics, they tell you "you have to be a qualified amp technician." good luck.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
i tell you one thing. if he was a qualified amp technician, he should get schematics and everything else from Bugera. if not, hes no good. cuz when u ask (email) bugera to give you schematics, they tell you "you have to be a qualified amp technician." good luck.

wait, woah.
He works at a local shop, is this not gonna happen?
I can't find it out?
D:

It seems like such a simple thing to figure out.
the thing is, why would an amp tech ask you something you don't know, that he should know? you should tell him, "make it so it works and sounds (insert ur preference in tone here)." and ask him if you can take it back if something goes wrong again.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I'm pretty sure there was an article somewhere about biasing this amp. Try looking in the Bugera's user's thread.
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
If your amp tech were any kind of electronics tech he should be able to find
out the bias information he needs by following the circuit in the damn amp noting
resistor and cap values checking voltages and then doing the math himself.
Also good bias voltages for 6L6 and EL34 tubes fall in a fairly narrow range. He could start the tubes on the cold side of that range and check the resultant voltages and increase the bias slowly. If he does not know that then Your amp is in the wrong hands. Go get it and take it to someone else.
Last edited by sparkeyjames at Sep 23, 2010,
Quote by ECistheBest
the thing is, why would an amp tech ask you something you don't know, that he should know? you should tell him, "make it so it works and sounds (insert ur preference in tone here)." and ask him if you can take it back if something goes wrong again.

That's what I thought.
the thing about tech's here, is that when you prove them wrong, they don't listen to you and make you look stupid.

Like when I told them I wanted to buy a tubescreamer to boost my head.
D:

Could we like, throw a voltage out there, that would be in the ballpark of where it needed to be, and just go from there? Or would that mess something up?
I know nothing of this D:
^its with everybody. people who know more has to be right all the time. most people who are in "qualified" positions talking to customers can't accept it when their customers are proving em wrong.

i would tell him either... "where it sounds good" or "around the middle" and "make sure it doesnt blow up"... i mean, what else do you know? bugera is rather secretive of their amp guts, so I'm not sure where you'd find bias voltages. emailing bugera doesnt help. people with a bugera might know though, from experience with their own.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard