Poll: Six or seven string guitar as next guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Six or seven string guitar as next guitar?
Six string
7 78%
Seven string
2 22%
Voters: 9.
Should I get a six or seven string guitar as my next guitar. What I want is a guitar with two hum bucking pickups, twenty four frets, a Floyd rose double locking bridge. This is also optional but I'd like a guitar with the tuning keys all on one side.

I play mainly, rock, metal, some blues, and a little progressive stuff here and there. Favorite guitar players are Yngwie Malmsteen, John Petrucci, Joe Satriani, jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, Jimmy Page.

If you could list all pros and cons, that would really help out a lot. Thanks UG.
You open up your options if you go with a six string, but if you feel like laying down some cash for a solid seven string, give these guys a look.

http://strictly7.com/

I've been GASing for a Baby Boa since I found out about these guys.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
for a 6 string sounds to me like your after the ibenez jem, floyd rose, 24 frets, 2 humbuckers and a single coil in the middle, designed by steve vai, give it a look

hope that helps
All up to whatever you want. The 7 string opens up the ability to play different things with the extra string. But the neck will be thicker, and will take time to get use to.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
I'd go with the 7 string. And contrary to belief, the neck is not thicker, but only slightly wider. Neck thickness has to do with what brand you buy and what profile their necks are. A 7 string will also give that extra string to fiddle around with. You can still play it as if it were a normal 6er, but when it is time for a song that requires it, you'll have that 7th string.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by MD 316
for a 6 string sounds to me like your after the ibenez jem, floyd rose, 24 frets, 2 humbuckers and a single coil in the middle, designed by steve vai, give it a look

hope that helps

sounds like almost every rg ibanez makes...The newer ibanez s570 is a great guitar. A lower end model is the s470 nd the higher model is the s770. They are all in the 400-800 price nd I definitely agree with strictly seven for a seven string
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
1st, guitar questions go in electric guitar.
2nd, we are trying a new thing where 7 string questions go in the 7 string thread. if youve got questions on owning a 7 string, those guys will help you out.