I have a itouch 2nd generation, its sound quality is pretty bad so I'm looking for a new player. I'm either thinking about the Zune HD-Creative Zen X-fi 1 - Sony Walkman S544, can anyone give me some feedback if you own or other players? Looking for good sound quality, thanks!
LOL
i would have thought that the headphones and mp3 bitrate would contribute to quality more so than the mp3 player. I could be wrong though
Zune. Loljk. Get an iPod like the rest of the world.
EDIT: After actually reading the OP, have you tried messing with your iPod's EQ? And I've found that touches are actually the worst iPods, musically at least.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Last edited by Thrasher51 at Sep 23, 2010,
Quote by Thrasher51
EDIT: After reading the OP, have you tried messing without your iPod's EQ?

this, and this. mostly because you like buckethead.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Yea I had a Zune... they really aren't as good as an iPod.

and get a classic, don't get the touch stuff, so much wasted $$$ just for apps, games and crap.
Quote by Thrasher51
EDIT: After actually reading the OP, have you tried messing with your iPod's EQ? And I've found that touches are actually the worst iPods, musically at least.

man, I've tried everything from reburning my music at the highest bit rate, no EQ, different EQ, new better headphones. The difference at times was worse or none at all. A little added extra bass doesn't fix the high treble, muddy music that comes out of the touch.
LOL
Quote by Kyle<3
Yea I had a Zune... they really aren't as good as an iPod.

How? The interface is easier to navigate and looks a helluva lot nicer.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
i would have thought that the headphones and mp3 bitrate would contribute to quality more so than the mp3 player. I could be wrong though

Also this. Get a decent pair of headphones, and rip/download your music at a higher bitrate.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
A laptop.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Cowon are the best sounding MP3's players on the market, I suggest the S9 or J3. If you don't have the cash for them go for the Samsung YP-P3.

Also, try and rip your music at a 320 bit rate and get a good set of headphones, not earphones.
Last edited by Duffman123 at Sep 23, 2010,
I've got a Phillips one I got from Walmart.. Like $45 and works fine. Loud as hell too.
Quote by Owenlee55
Well, my penis smells of fecieas and my anus smells of semen...
Get a Zune.. I've had mine for years now (120 gig). It's not the HD version or anything, but it's great. Sounds good, looks good, everything I need, and more.
I use the player on my blackberry. Sounds fine to me - but then again, I don't need a pro audio rig coming out of my headphones. If it plays my music well and doesn't sound like a can, I'm not going to be spoiled and complain.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Duffman123
Cowon are the best sounding MP3's players on the market, I suggest the S9 or J3. If you don't have the cash for them go for the Samsung YP-P3.

Also, try and rip your music at a 320 bit rate and get a good set of headphones, not earphones.

Agreed with Cowon. I have a Cowon D2, and it is absolutely amazing. But wearing full headphones for an mp3 player is just weird. Get some IEM's. Though the stock headphones that came with my D2 didn't sound awful, but I'm sure they were pretty bad quality.
Zune HD. I've got one and it is awesome. I should have got the 64gb though... Too many songs, So little space. (I got the 32gb)
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+
I love my Sansa, had it for years, but I can't say MP3 players have anything to do with the sound quality of the music.
no one buys creative any more? The company has gone downhill since the Vision M, but I hear their products still have good quality.
LOL
Zune HD is actually a really good mp3 player. I have one and it has a really slick interface and it has a lot of terrific stuff to go with the artist, such as a bio, some pictures, and if you have wi-fi you can go to the Zune marketplace and check out some other songs by them. I really like it, but the only thing not so great about it is there aren't many apps, but that is just a minor deduction because A) It's built for music and B) Audiosurf entertains me to no end.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by SiKh22
no one buys creative any more? The company has gone downhill since the Vision M, but I hear their products still have good quality.

Nah don't get the creative. I mean they are alright, but there are so many better options out there.
My Ipod is the only MP3 player I've ever liked, although Itunes is from the devil.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
I agree with the Cowon, plus they support a ridiculous amount of different sound files. You might also want to check out any Archos products, I've had several of those and my only complaint was the build quality, which I've heard has improved drastically with their new products.
Sony NWZ E344, greatest one ive ever heard, it got me out of feeling depressed when my old one was robbed, and I thought THAT one had good sound quality, plus its only around 80 dollars and 8GB
Quote by Kensai
Don't dig up the past, TS. You're not gonna like what you find.
The player doesn't matter. They all play mp3s (as far as I know) and don't support lossless format, so I'd recommend just getting better headphones. I recently downgraded to a cheaper pair and can easily tell the difference.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
From my experience the iPod classic I have has TONS more battery life and is a little more reliable than the Zune (not HD) I had.

My Zune used to randomly shut off by itself, and then it wouldn't turn on until I plugged it into the computer... and then one day it just shut off and never came back on.

Not only that but the regular Zune didn't have any EQ on it whatsoever which drove me insane... and I like iTunes better than the Zune player. It's faster, and its easier to use.
Download a higher bitrate for your songs.

Ever since I started downloading flac albums mp3 has sounded like utter crap. If only my ipod supported lossless..
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Cowon has unarguably the best sound quality for any mp3 player in the price range of the one you're looking at, has absolutely insane battery life, and are just awesome. Just sayin'.
Quote by Kyle<3
From my experience the iPod classic I have has TONS more battery life and is a little more reliable than the Zune (not HD) I had.

My Zune used to randomly shut off by itself, and then it wouldn't turn on until I plugged it into the computer... and then one day it just shut off and never came back on.

Not only that but the regular Zune didn't have any EQ on it whatsoever which drove me insane... and I like iTunes better than the Zune player. It's faster, and its easier to use.

I've never had those problems with my zune, and itunes is slow as **** on my computer
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I've had the same Creative one for 6 years now, and still use it everyday.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Quote by SiKh22

I've got a creative Zen Stone (no screen/speaker) and I love it. It's good quality, works fine for me. I just wished it had more capacity (just 1 Gig). So I'd advice OP to look into Creative.
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...