What is an effect/are effects you want made?

I think there should be a pitch shifter that when you pick the string, the attack has the pitch an octave up then jumps down to the regular pitch after a set amount of delayed time. It would give this cool effect. To know what I'm talking about, basically pick with the 12th fret down then pull-off after.
You can do that with the Whammy but it has to be manually controlled.

I think the Boss PS series can do that automatically, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
A killswitch stompbox.

They probably make those, but I've never seen them
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by JagerSlushy
A killswitch stompbox.

My friend makes one. It's called the Helen Killer, and it's absolutely awesome!
Quote by JagerSlushy
A killswitch stompbox.

I actually did that before with this flanger pedal. I forget exactly what happened, I tried a random power cord to use for it to plug it into the wall, but it didnt work when I stomped it on, but when I stomped it off, the guitar signal didn't go to the amp. There was a little fuzz, but was pretty much a killswitch stompbox.
Quote by JagerSlushy
A killswitch stompbox.

There is one, but I'd imagine it's really tiring on your feet to do Buckethead-type stuff with it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
There is one, but I'd imagine it's really tiring on your feet to do Buckethead-type stuff with it.

yeah I imagine for it to be tiring on your foot since your foot can't do it that fast.
You might as well use some type of easy to control square wave tremolo effect instead.

Quote by Raijouta

Well I was thinking of automatic, like a swell pedal but instead of altering your volume it alters your pitch for a small time. It would detect when you pick your string, pitch it up an octave then like 1/4 a second later snaps it back to the original octave.
Last edited by Clay-man at Sep 23, 2010,
Random arpeggiator! Well technically they exist, but none are in current production.

I really want the original Xotic robotalk but last time I saw one on ebay it went for something like $350 or higher.
Quote by Raijouta

Maestro Octave box can do this too
Yeah, to be honest I'd much prefer it to be controlled using an expression pedal. Could just be me though
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by Clay-man
The effect I'm talking about is in the bass in here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lktjPNhY6yw

Game music but it's the effect I'm talking about.

you could get something close-ish-ish to that with a low pass envelope and a bitcrusher and maybe fuzz and another clean triangle sub bass channel over the top.. unless you had a really good midi setup going into LSDJ or midines or at the very least an 8bit sounding synth, but the tracking would be terrible.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
A foot-switchable kill switch would be cool, but I don't think there is any way I could use it. Pretty much all the effects that I would need is already made.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
How about a killswitch cable? Wouldn't have to rout anything into your guitar but you could still control it with your hand. Maybe it would have a clip to attach it to the guitar body to.
Quote by Clay-man
What is an effect/are effects you want made?

I think there should be a pitch shifter that when you pick the string, the attack has the pitch an octave up then jumps down to the regular pitch after a set amount of delayed time. It would give this cool effect. To know what I'm talking about, basically pick with the 12th fret down then pull-off after.

Quote by ChrisBW
Random arpeggiator! Well technically they exist, but none are in current production.

I really want the original Xotic robotalk but last time I saw one on ebay it went for something like $350 or higher.

Quote by Jhachey22
A pedal that, when activated, turns all auto-tuned voices into Yoko Ono demon yodel-shreiks.

EDIT: Killswitch pedal --> http://www.modtone-effects.com/StutterKill_be099f4e.html

(Invalid img)

NEXT?
I think it would be cool if they made a tube preamp/distortion pedal with a true JCM 800 2203 circuit inside of it.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by Crazed Shredder
I think it would be cool if they made a tube preamp/distortion pedal with a true JCM 800 2203 circuit inside of it.

There's loads of Marshall based distortion pedals, a true JCM circuit would be, well just a JCM 800 2203

AM! Where have you been?!
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by AcousticMirror

NEXT?

Not quite It puts too much synthy stuff into the signal.

Edit: LOL wrong picture, deleted the right one (the robit).
Last edited by ChrisBW at Sep 23, 2010,
Quote by ChrisBW
Not quite It puts too much synthy stuff into the signal.

Edit: LOL wrong picture, deleted the right one (the robit).

What do you think random arpeggiation sounds like. How random do you want it? Do you not want it random at all? How fast will this random arpeggiation be happening? Randomly fast?

I don't think you've thought this through very well.
Quote by AcousticMirror

I meant remoletly

I need a way to apply it so i don't get shot by teh ganstas using auto tunez. :/
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by AcousticMirror
What do you think random arpeggiation sounds like. How random do you want it? Do you not want it random at all? How fast will this random arpeggiation be happening? Randomly fast?

My point is the Robot is more of a synth kind of effect. I know what random arpeggiation is and it has nothing to do with synthy sounds. It certainly can be like that, but like I said, what the original robotalk does is pretty much what I want.
Quote by ChrisBW
My point is the Robot is more of a synth kind of effect. I know what random arpeggiation is and it has nothing to do with synthy sounds. It certainly can be like that, but like I said, what the original robotalk does is pretty much what I want.

So you want something off a pedal that already is made. Dude I'm really confused. I'm trying to help you but...it seems like you don't need it?

Quote by darkwolf291
A pedal that takes the note you play and does this to it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepard_tone

Are you saying that's what you want or that's what random arpeggiation is?
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Sep 23, 2010,
Quote by AcousticMirror
So you want something off a pedal that already is made. Dude I'm really confused. I'm trying to help you but...it seems like you don't need it?

Are you saying that's what you want or that's what random arpeggiation is?

I'm saying that's what I want.
And when did you get unbanned?
Quote by JagerSlushy
A killswitch stompbox.

Modtone makes that.
Quote by SadusAttack
A switch that makes transister/modelling/digital amps sound like tube amps

You should find a switch that makes the guitar player into less of a douchebag.
Quote by Crazed Shredder

theres a reason that they don't make tube pedals that are the same circuit as amps, that reason being that JCM800 pedal would have to be the size of a ****ing JCM800 minus transformers...

Also, with regards to killswitch pedal getting tiring, I had an idea...

how about a killswitch pedal with two buttons, one which functions as a normal killswitch and the other which uses a tap tempo button to 'killswitch' automatically?

I used to post an analog delay with an exp pedal in on these threads but seeing as the EHX memory boy has one my search for one is over

I was about to post I'd like to see a pedal which can boost bass frequencies for solos/extra punch... then I remembered UGs favourite pedal...

"GET TEH MXR 10 BAND EQ D00D, IT WILL MAKE UR T0NEZ UBER BR00TALZ AND AMAZIGN!!!1!!111!!!111one!!11"
I think a pedal what took your distortion channel amp and made it clean would be good, basically the opposite of a distorion/overdrive pedal. Would be useful for the jcm 800
Quote by RockGuitarist09
I think a pedal what took your distortion channel amp and made it clean would be good, basically the opposite of a distorion/overdrive pedal. Would be useful for the jcm 800

http://www.ehx.com/products/signal-pad
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by AcousticMirror

well, i think random arpegiation sounds like a 'sample and hold' circuit from a Moog CP-251 run into a moog MF-107 freq box's pitch CV input. i like doing that with a bit of lag up and down. sounds synthy.

that might not be what other people think of though as arpegiation in a more formal musical since (i think) works more with 1->3->5's
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by nightraven
it can? thought that one just gives you an octave down.

also, AM, do you know what arpeggiation means? your suggestions were all crap

oooooooooh snaaaaaaaaaap. watch out everyone. nightraven is home for the holidays. mummy's let him on the internet again.

Sorry dude! I forgot that all the you music you play is in 4/4 using Major chords. I'll keep it simple for you next time k.

Quote by gumbilicious
well, i think random arpegiation sounds like a 'sample and hold' circuit from a Moog CP-251 run into a moog MF-107 freq box's pitch CV input. i like doing that with a bit of lag up and down. sounds synthy.

that might not be what other people think of though as arpegiation in a more formal musical since (i think) works more with 1->3->5's

it's 135 but it's not limited to a metered repeat nor to a single chord more modal progression. It would depend on whether you wanted to create an arpeggio or arpeggios.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Sep 24, 2010,
Quote by AcousticMirror
it's 135 but it's not limited to a metered repeat nor to a single chord more modal progression. It would depend on whether you wanted to create an arpeggio or arpeggios.

the term gets thrown around alot, even kinda has different meanings to different people. even the term 'sample and hold' isn't too set, it's just what moog uses for 'randomization'.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae