One man tech death band consisting of Malcolm Pugh from Inferi and Enfold Darkness. Pretty impressive for one guy.

link

Thoughts?
Malcolm's awesome; I thoroughly enjoy his work in Inferi and Diskreet. The new A Loathing Requiem stuff sounds great, but I haven't bothered getting the album yet.
very good stuff. i need to hear more of it.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Quote by destroy_techno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFjUhj8eK9o

This is guy really is something..
Eh, his tone is pretty bad and some of his Obscura covers are sloppy as shit... right hand seems to be spotty in general which suggests to me lack of metronome practice, but nice sweeping/tapping chops and solid time nonetheless.
Last edited by Steve08 at Sep 26, 2010,
Drum tone is horrible. Way too programmed, takes a lot of the vibe out of it for me. Sounds like a guy playing to Guitar pro.
Riffs and vocals are pretty sweet.
Quote by Steve08
Eh, his tone is pretty bad and some of his Obscura covers are sloppy as shit... right hand seems to be spotty in general which suggests to me lack of metronome practice, but nice sweeping/tapping chops and solid time nonetheless.

Thought his tone in that vid was pretty damn good. True some of the other vids have pretty horrid tone though

His SoP cover is pretty amazing imo..
Quote by Steve08

Yeah, he got lazy when people started jumping onto his YouTube account. I dig him, though. It's kind of fucked up (read: really fucked up) that he got kicked out of Enfold Darkness so that Malcolm could join up, though.
I agree with Maggie about the drum tone.

Wait, so Malcolm plays bass for Enfold Darkness? I assumed he was going to do guitars...
Quote by MustangMan311
Yeah, he got lazy when people started jumping onto his YouTube account. I dig him, though. It's kind of fucked up (read: really fucked up) that he got kicked out of Enfold Darkness so that Malcolm could join up, though.
WTF, I always thought he left or something. I have no idea why someone would get rid of a good bassist willingly, they're (we're? ) hard to find...
Quote by Steve08
WTF, I always thought he left or something. I have no idea why someone would get rid of a good bassist willingly, they're (we're? ) hard to find...

Haha, good catch. And yeah, he was definitely kicked out. I remember when it happened- I was pretty shocked.

Pretty sure Malcolm does play guitars- IIRC, the guitarist he replaced moved to bass.
I thought the skeleton entity on the myspace pic head a horse head for a dick.
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
I agree with Maggie about the drum tone.

Wait, so Malcolm plays bass for Enfold Darkness? I assumed he was going to do guitars...

Malcolm plays guitar for them. They moved their guitar player before him to bass and kicked A.J. out I guess.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Oh shit, that actually mirrors exactly what happened with my old band and I a couple weeks ago... quite weird

Yeah, what the hell. That really blows, I know this because I was basically Facebook IMed and told there was a new guitarist and that one out of two that was already there would be in my spot, even though I know that I kill him and he even said to me at rehearsal "I'm not any good at writing basslines, so you can do whatever you want"
Last edited by Steve08 at Sep 27, 2010,
anyone gonna try and tab Architect or Arsonist?
I was @ Night of the Hampsterduck with M Rebellion and JDbbx and I was OPPRESSED

HUMAN SACRIFICE FTW
^On the topic of tabs, I talked to Malcolm not too long ago on Facebook and he said he is planning on releasing a tab book for this stuff.