Ta-da! My new Fender Sonoran SCE California Series in Candy Apple Red. Feast your eyes.

Yeah, the finish is definitely"gloss".

Review time: This is my first acoustic, and I'm absolutely in love. The finish is absolutely gorgeous, no flaws of any kind. No sharp frets or any other craftsmanship problems. Guitar came set up really nicely (I did get it off eBay, but he was a powerseller-store thingy so it might still be coming from a factory, not really sure), but the intonation was perfect right out of the box and the action was set super low. Little bit of buzz, especially on the 5th string, not sure how to adjust the action on an acoustic (it feels weird having the action this low anyways), if someone could tell me I'd appreciate it. Unplugged it sounds great, nice bottom-end, not tons, but the sound is balanced really nicely in my opinion. Can't rate the electronics really, as I have an Orange Crush 20L so it's going to sound like crap regardless, but I haven't heard anything bad about them.

I love it, suits my needs perfectly.
Last edited by strat-rocker-06 at Sep 23, 2010,
Nice guitar. If you plug it into an electric guitar amp, expect to hear a lot of feedback if you turn it up too loud. High gain electric guitar amps don't work all that well with acoustic guitars. Best to get an acoustic amplifier. I tried playing my Taylor acoustic through my Mesa Lonestar once. Notice I said once... The feedback was pretty bad, even at low levels. I have no such problem with my Rivera Sedona ES. If you want to buy a decent, cheap amp, check out Crate.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Nice guitar. If you plug it into an electric guitar amp, expect to hear a lot of feedback if you turn it up too loud. High gain electric guitar amps don't work all that well with acoustic guitars. Best to get an acoustic amplifier. I tried playing my Taylor acoustic through my Mesa Lonestar once. Notice I said once... The feedback was pretty bad, even at low levels. I have no such problem with my Rivera Sedona ES. If you want to buy a decent, cheap amp, check out Crate.

That's the plan, once my bank account rebounds from the guitar itself. Yeah, feedback and the coloration that the amp adds to the sounds just sounds terrible, real thin with the bass off, fuzzy with it just a little bit up (no sound with all three EQ knobs off). Wasn't really expecting it to sound that great, but there was no sense in delaying this until I could save up for amp (one of the benefits of an acoustic).
If you play it clean through the electric amp, it should still sound halfway decent. Not sure why you're getting no sound with the EQ knobs set to cut. One thing that most acoustic amps add is a tweeter. The tweeter on my Rivera is selectable, which means it can also double as an electric amp.

Enjoy the new Fender acoustic. When it comes time to replace the strings, you may want to consider Elixir. That's all I use on my acoustic guitars. I find that phosphor/bronze strings tarnish too easily.
Quote by KG6_Steven
If you play it clean through the electric amp, it should still sound halfway decent. Not sure why you're getting no sound with the EQ knobs set to cut. One thing that most acoustic amps add is a tweeter. The tweeter on my Rivera is selectable, which means it can also double as an electric amp.

Enjoy the new Fender acoustic. When it comes time to replace the strings, you may want to consider Elixir. That's all I use on my acoustic guitars. I find that phosphor/bronze strings tarnish too easily.

Ha, yeah I finally got settled in on electric strings and now I have to start all over.

No clue why the EQ does that, I've had nothing but problems with the stupid thing and it's not really worth tossing any more money at.