I'm just wondering, as I'm getting a new guitar with a FR soon. I play in D standard, and I like to put 11s on the bottom 3 strings for chunkiness, and get 12s/13s on the higher strings for easier soloing. Will a FR handle this?
Of course it will, I see no reason why not. You just need to be sure to adjust your action accordingly so you get a balanced sound from your pickups.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Yes, but you'll probably have to add a spring or too to provide more tension. If you have no experience with floyds you should really take it somewhere and have it professionally setup.
Quote by mydian
Yes, but you'll probably have to add a spring or too to provide more tension. If you have no experience with floyds you should really take it somewhere and have it professionally setup.

This, plus you'll have to setup the intonation. I play D Standard with 9's. Chunky enough for me. Can't imagine trying to solo with 12's, but I'm wimpy that way.
Last edited by maggotspawn at Sep 23, 2010,