What amp will be best for the rust in peace tone. I am a die hard megadeth fan, and really love the sound of that album. Thanks for the help.
modded marshall jmp heads while using a guitar with a duncan jb pickup in the bridge. maybe a crate blue voodoo cuz that's when marty was in the band and he used those for a long time.
In the studio Dave uses Marshall JVM 410 Heads. Live he uses a Digitech GSP1101 for simplicity.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
You will be fine with most Marshalls.

The JVM205H, JCM 800, or JCM 900 will do well.
Even JCM 2000 would work
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by headcrusher902
How bout something a bit more affordable, and older tones are better than their new ones

Well since you aren't willing to pay the cash for this tone
then be a fanboy and buy this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG-Series-MG15FXMSDM-Dave-Mustaine-Megastack?sku=430453

we've had these conversations before unless you are Dave or have his gear, you aren't going to sound like him
you are just going to have to save up and buy a good Marshall tube head and cab
Eew I hate digital amps. I don't mind paying much for an amp, just not really much more over 800 for a head
Used JCM800 + boost and an Avatar 212 cab? Shouldn't cost more than $1000 for that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
+1

Quote by headcrusher902
Eew I hate digital amps. I don't mind paying much for an amp, just not really much more over 800 for a head

well, here is the whole problem imo

you didn't provide a budget or anything else about yourself/styles/location/etc.

so you basically left it wide open. people are giving you answers and then you say you really only have $800 for an amp head. Honestly, that is really not that much. Save up.

PS: Major RIP tone lover here
Quote by Crazed Shredder
In the studio Dave uses Marshall JVM 410 Heads. Live he uses a Digitech GSP1101 for simplicity.

Looks like he has switched to Axe-FX.
Please don't post in old, dead threads, even helpfully.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!