I've noticed on my guitar right were it sits on my lap there are a lot of scratches, if not cracked paint. its a blackjack ATX with a satin finish. I was wondering if this is a common occurrence, or I should get it looked at.

I'll post pictures later, but I can't find my camera.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Buckle rash. The back of my Epi LP has tons of scratches from buckle rash. Moral of the story: Don't wear belts when playing guitar
I leik music
Just asking, its never happened before. And the last thing I want is a crack which spreads across the guitar.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
i got that on one of my guitars. i see it more often on guitars with glossy finishes. It happens lol...but i have never heard of cracks in the finish...thats a lil much.
thread your belt with the buckle one loop to the left and not over the fly.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by col50
Buckle rash. The back of my Epi LP has tons of scratches from buckle rash. Moral of the story: Don't wear belts when playing guitar

+1. I never wear a belt when I play a guitar, and mine don't have many scratches on it.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
I think I'm just going to cover part of my belt with something, its studded. =/
You belong in a museum.

My guitars do not get buckle rash i just take off my belt and put it back on with the buckle off to my left side like jj1565 does so it does not come in contact with the back of the guitar.

You can also get a guitar condom! LOL

http://www.guitarcondom.com/

I have checked them out and they actually work well.

John
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
do you guys not wear shirts or something? my belt is under my shirt so i dont see how it would scratch anything. plus i dont wear my gutiar low. thats another story.

Sitting down, I don't wear super baggy shirts, so its common for my shirt to end slightly below my belt line, so when I sit, it rides up.
You belong in a museum.

Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Sep 23, 2010,
Quote by Sinister Waffle
I've noticed on my guitar right were it sits on my lap there are a lot of scratches, if not cracked paint. its a blackjack ATX with a satin finish. I was wondering if this is a common occurrence, or I should get it looked at.

I'll post pictures later, but I can't find my camera.

Stand up. problem solved.
Get a belt with the D rings, I dont think I've experienced any buckle rash since I started wearing them.

I pride myself on my humility.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Just asking, its never happened before. And the last thing I want is a crack which spreads across the guitar.

Yeah, it would be terrible if the people sitting in your waistband saw cracks in the paint on the back of your guitar!
Quote by jpnyc
Yeah, it would be terrible if the people sitting in your waistband saw cracks in the paint on the back of your guitar!

ಸ_ಸ

NO
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Last edited by Deadlock Riff at Sep 24, 2010,
I usually just play with Sweat Pants on because I'm like that.
Killing is my business...and business is not good
I've seen an artist who put duct tape on the back. I forget who it was now. Some country lady I think.
Water which is too pure has no fish - Ts'ai Ken T'an