Is it bad that I only use pressed pennies as picks? I like them cuz they don't bend, they make tremolo much easier for me, and they're metal so (I don't know if I'm just imagining this part) the guitar tone I get seems more metallic. Is this gonna mess me up eventually?
its really user preference. i use jazz III's. only thing i see about using pressed pennies is that the strings may wear down faster.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
If you scrape a pickup too often (like me when I first played a 24 fret) it could wear out the pup
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Should be fine, seeing as how one famous guitarist (I'll admit it right here and now. I can't remember who.) uses a penny to play too.

You probably can try thick picks if you wish to change, though, since you seem to prefer the pick not bending.
No, I'd only change to a normal pick if it would negatively affect my ability to play if I didn't. I don't know how fast a .60 for the low E is gonna wear out (I tune exclusively below drop A, usually drop G#, on a six string) though.
Quote by Ginsu
No, I'd only change to a normal pick if it would negatively affect my ability to play if I didn't. I don't know how fast a .60 for the low E is gonna wear out (I tune exclusively below drop A, usually drop G#, on a six string) though.

Then stick with it I guess.

Unless you're really pissed off with perhaps (Because I'm not too sure myself.) replacing your strings more often, I don't think it will hinder your playing.
Quote by Stryker125
idk. i use dunlop ultex sharps. theyre great

Yes! I love them.

Brian May from Queen uses coins and he's awesome so you should be able to as well
Quote by triface
Should be fine, seeing as how one famous guitarist (I'll admit it right here and now. I can't remember who.) uses a penny to play too.

You probably can try thick picks if you wish to change, though, since you seem to prefer the pick not bending.

Brian may!!
Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top uses a mexican peso, he sounds awesome =P.
If you're willing to spend a little more money on strings because it's more comfortable for you, and you can control it better, then I say keep going with it.
Gotta finish my work, then play some grooves, so I can turn my room into a house of blues...