Hopefully I can get a pair of these for around $120, has anyone used them for overheads? I read they can get harsh with bright cymbals, and mine are bright, but I can EQ it to sound better right? I really think I'm going to get them because of the price, but I'm just looking for a last minute opinion..

Thanks, Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
For the price they look quite nice. I've heard some people enjoy them as OHs for drums. As for killing the harshness, you can do some correction with EQ and compression.

I've also read that they sound almost exactly the same as the MXL 991 SDC....which I own, but hardly use anymore. I used to use it for my video production overhead mic but got a shotgun to replace it.
Gear review #7 on my list compares two mics but also shows how the mxl sounds on vocals from a distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMFiNgQwA34
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 25, 2010,
Quote by moody07747
For the price they look quite nice. I've heard some people enjoy them as OHs for drums. As for killing the harshness, you can do some correction with EQ and compression.

I've also read that they sound almost exactly the same as the MXL 991 SDC....which I own, but hardly use anymore. I used to use it for my video production overhead mic but got a shotgun to replace it.
Gear review #7 on my list compares two mics but also shows how the mxl sounds on vocals from a distance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMFiNgQwA34

Thanks for the reply man, I think I'm going to get them and I'll hopefully have some full band recordings up soon once I get my 8 channel preamp.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Be aware youll want an 8 channel interface to go with those preamps unless you go wtih a combo unit like the PreSonus Firestudio Project...

Let us know how the mics sound once you try them out for a while...its been a while since anyone put a gear review into the thread linked though my sig.
Quote by moody07747
Be aware youll want an 8 channel interface to go with those preamps unless you go wtih a combo unit like the PreSonus Firestudio Project...

Let us know how the mics sound once you try them out for a while...its been a while since anyone put a gear review into the thread linked though my sig.

Yes I know, I don't really know what I'm talking about but I'm getting a Presonus Firepod hopefully for around $240.