what are some bands that youd like to love but just cant see to get into their stuff?

for me its probably Led Zeppelin. i mean i love stairway to heaven and black dog and a few of the others but i just cant seem to get into their other songs.
Most bands that have vocals, but say no distinguishable words when they "sing." I usually love the instrument work, but soon as the vocals come in that shit's getting skipped.
hmm.
The Contortionist.
Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
and Billly Idol. haha
I'd have to agree with you on Led Zeppelin. I know their songs are popular but I just can't get into the group. The Beatles are another one I just can't get into. Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Just to name a few.
Quote by Phat Stud 55
I'd have to agree with you on Led Zeppelin. I know their songs are popular but I just can't get into the group. The Beatles are another one I just can't get into. Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Just to name a few.

you cant get into sabbath? are you listening to albums or just a bunch of most popular songs?

for me van halen... idk why but i just dont get into it. i always hear people say that vh 1 and 2 are classics but... meh
Definately the Beatles. I respect them and I like a few of their songs, but not enough to actually say I like the band. I don't know why, maybe I feel that they are too "poppy" and not bluesy, but that's just me.
Quote by Trowzaa
I can't look at anything starting with BB and not thinking big busty.
Big Busty Queefing.
Last edited by LesPaulGuy1 at Sep 23, 2010,
I have A Hard Days Night, and I was bored by the time I got through track three or four. "A Hard Days Night" is a pretty cool song, though. I'll get some of their other stuff and listen to it eventually, I'm sure. No rush.

I also found Are You Experienced? to be a pretty underwhelming album. More exciting than A Hard Days Night, that's for sure, but it didn't really do much for me.

I don't really want to love Hendrix or The Beatles, though. I was never much of a classic rock guy, and I've more recently been checking some of it out just for the sake of expanding my musical knowledge. I've grown to love Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones, and I didn't care for Hendrix and The Beatles, and that's just the way it goes.

Pink Floyd are another band who I've listened to on several occasions, as my friends at college all love 'em, and never gotten into. They have their moments, and some of their stuff is alright, but I dunno, I just don't care for 'em. But again I don't really have any desire to care for 'em.
^ now that you mention it, hendrix is another one. Iv got heaps of his music but like you said, it a little underwhelming. Im a bit bored and just cant get into it when i listen
Quote by neidnarb11890
I have A Hard Days Night, and I was bored by the time I got through track three or four. "A Hard Days Night" is a pretty cool song, though. I'll get some of their other stuff and listen to it eventually, I'm sure. No rush.

A lot of their later stuff is significantly less 'pop' than that album. Try something like the White Album - a lot of varied styles on it, a lot of it weirder/much more interesting than their early stuff.
Quote by Ed O'Brien
“It’s not genius. It’s just that if you want something good to come out of something, you have to put in a lot of effort. That involves a lot of hard work, and a lot of blood, sweat and tears sometimes.”

http://urbanscarecrow.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Damascus
A lot of their later stuff is significantly less 'pop' than that album. Try something like the White Album - a lot of varied styles on it, a lot of it weirder/much more interesting than their early stuff.

This. I don't like their early albums becasue they sound like a typical "boy band" on them to me but I love their later albums.
Quote by Damascus

That's what I've heard, and I'll definitely check 'em out.
The Rolling Stones.

You can't have a discussion on rock music or any of its children without them being involved. They've influenced probably all of my favorite bands. Hell, they're probably influenced me without me realizing it.

I enjoy approximately 0 of their songs though. Every time they're on the radio or a friend's listening to them, it's just the worst sound ever. I really feel like I should enjoy them, though.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
my girlfriend loves green day and my chemical romance, but i just cant get into them. I'd like to, but no luck. i do like a few Green Day songs, and for her bday, i recorded 21 guns. most of their stuff is just like... why? oh well. She hates Rush and Ozzy, so we're even i guess. :P
Why would you want to like a band that you don't?

Seems stupid to me.
I'm an asshole.
^ its not that you dont like them, it's that you cant get into them like everyone else has stated
...that doesn't really make any sense. How does someone like something that they can't get into. If you can't get into them, then you probably don't like them and if you don't like them, why would you waste your time wishing that you did?
I'm an asshole.
The Doors, Blur and Derek and the Dominoes ('cept Layla)
Looking for bandmates , jamming partners in Aberdeen , Scotland , pm please.

09 MIA Tele
Ridgewood LP Custom Copy

Marshall MG30FX
Blackstar HT-Dual
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Led Zeppelin
John Mayer
Rolling Stones
David Bowie
Guns'n'Roses (Okay, there are some big exceptions here but still..)
Dio (has 3 good songs, can't stand the rest)
Most "brutal" music (death metal, screamo and so on), the first song or so is often nice then I just start getting a headache...
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Burzum.

(but not really).
UG FORUM
Your 21st Century Ant Farm
Corroborating Sturgeon's Law Since 2003
Quote by neidnarb11890
No rush.

Yeah, Rush is definitely one of them for me.
Quote by Muffinz
Led Zeppelin
John Mayer
Rolling Stones
David Bowie
Guns'n'Roses (Okay, there are some big exceptions here but still..)
Dio (has 3 good songs, can't stand the rest)
Most "brutal" music (death metal, screamo and so on), the first song or so is often nice then I just start getting a headache...

Screamo is not brutal at all.

And I pretty much agree with lookpizza on this one. Seems a bit false to try and get into something you don't like just because it's popular.
My name is Danny. Call me that.