Me and a friend swapped instruments - I loaned him my old Squier bass, he gave me a Reverend Volcano in return. He never played it, I guess it was something he had lying around his house. After a few days, being curious and being surprised at well it played, I looked up the specs online - turns out its a pretty nice guitar.

It's two humbuckers - 3 knobs, and a 3 way switch. I had assumed it was Vol-Tone-Tone.

But the company website has the controls listed as Vol-Tone-Bass Contour. Then proceeds to not explain what it is. I've messed with it a bit, but haven't really noticed any sort of significant alteration in tone. Is it something stupid like the Fender greasbucket tone circuit?

Insight?
From what Ive read on fourms and such its basically a tone knob for the low-end, hence it being called a bass contour knob.
Quote by kopaczkiller
From what Ive read on fourms and such its basically a tone knob for the low-end, hence it being called a bass contour knob.

so all the way off would be just treble?

its basically a knob that take your tone and castrates it?
Quote by rickyj
so all the way off would be just treble?

its basically a knob that take your tone and castrates it?

Sounds like it.
A tone pot already cuts some treble, I can only imagine this thing all the way... up? Down?

All the way bass.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?