Those of you that know me know I play an amazing crappy Squier strat that can get some pretty decent tones. I'm having several problems:

1. Wont hold it's tuning for more than 10 minutes, mainly the A,G, and B strings keep losing their tuning.

2. Has this awful fret buzz on the G string, and just the treble strings in general, but mainly on the G string, which I use in solo's alot, and I've never managed to get it to not buzz.

Right now the guitar has Graphtech string saver saddles and nut, new tuners, roller trees(problematic?) Barenuckle pickups, brass trem block(most problems started after I installed this). I have the action pretty high, the neck has the most amazingly perfect curve in it, so the neck is just about perfect when it comes to truss rod adjustment, frets look like a 2 year old installed them(I think the majority of my problems), intonation is perfect for the most part.

Who see's the problem? Yeah, don't tell me the guitar, can't sell it, don't have enough money for a new one.

I'm thinking it needs new frets, I think my neighbor can replace them for me(guitar builder) but idk the risks, or how much it'll cost, or if I could somehow polish them or make them better by myself. Or is there a different problem that I'm not seeing?

Here's a good pic of the frets near the 9th-12 frets:
Check the block is in tightly. The neck joint, too. Make sure it's in tight.

And yeah, I'd say it's frets.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Check the block is in tightly. The neck joint, too. Make sure it's in tight.

And yeah, I'd say it's frets.

I could beat a midget in a burlap sack to death with the guitar and the neck joint would still be tight

I think the block is tight, but it does stick out the back of the guitar a bit, the block is wider then the guitar is...

I think your prolly right about the frets, they aren't very smooth, feels like it has valleys on them where the strings make contact.

Anybody know how I should go about changing frets?
Quote by ethan_hanus
I could beat a midget in a burlap sack to death with the guitar and the neck joint would still be tight

I think the block is tight, but it does stick out the back of the guitar a bit, the block is wider then the guitar is...

I think your prolly right about the frets, they aren't very smooth, feels like it has valleys on them where the strings make contact.

Anybody know how I should go about changing frets?

Bring it to a luthier. It's not something you do to your main guitar without a lot of practice.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
No idea, honestly. $100-ish for refret, fret dressing, leveling, & crowning? another $25-30 for a setup?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden