Lost the manual last year, been playing it ever since I got it. It's a pretty good amp. Thing has enough overdrive/distortion options and effects for like 20 pedals. I just hate to turning or pressing the knob for to go clean or dirty or to go into overdrive or distortion. Does anybody know if this amp takes pedals. It has an AUX input hole..

Quote by BurstBucker Pro
Your guitar plugs into the pedals, the pedals plug into your normal spot on the amp.
AUX input hole is not for pedals.

And I made myself look like a dumb ass once more in the UG forums by asking yet another dumb question.

Thank you.
what pedals are you going to run that your amp doesn't have already? It's not going to sound the best if you run a dirt into it.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Not gonna lie bro, pedals + vypyr = ewwwwwwwww. It sounds bad! use the a/b/c, 1/2/3/4, buttons, to switch from amps and pedals and stuff. I so that with my vypyr.
Quote by sugarveins
Lost the manual last year, been playing it ever since I got it. It's a pretty good amp. Thing has enough overdrive/distortion options and effects for like 20 pedals. I just hate to turning or pressing the knob for to go clean or dirty or to go into overdrive or distortion. Does anybody know if this amp takes pedals. It has an AUX input hole..

Save yourself money and just save for a better amp, don't pump a bunch of pedals through a tiny practice modelling amp like that.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Seriously, just get a stack that comes with a footswitch. What you intend on doing is qualified as polishing a turd.
Quote by ExOblivione
Seriously, just get a stack that comes with a footswitch. What you intend on doing is qualified as polishing a turd.

it's not a bad amp, im tired of people messaging me and commenting on forums judging me on it, not everyone can afford $2,000+ reverb amps. God. I'm sorry but its a little, i was looking for help not a bash fest.
Quote by Jaredmkl
Not gonna lie bro, pedals + vypyr = ewwwwwwwww. It sounds bad! use the a/b/c, 1/2/3/4, buttons, to switch from amps and pedals and stuff. I so that with my vypyr.

thanks for the advice.
Quote by sugarveins
it's not a bad amp, im tired of people messaging me and commenting on forums judging me on it, not everyone can afford $2,000+ reverb amps. God. I'm sorry but its a little, i was looking for help not a bash fest.

Ignore that guy.

Were not bashing you for having a cheap amp, just suggesting that you avoid pedals for an amp like that. Modelling + Pedals sounds like poo imo.

Plus the amp already has effects

You can pour a bunch of money for pedals into a cheap amp like that, end up with 500+usd in pedals, and still not be happy with your toanz.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Ignore that guy.

Were not bashing you for having a cheap amp, just suggesting that you avoid pedals for an amp like that. Modelling + Pedals sounds like poo imo.

Plus the amp already has effects

You can pour a bunch of money for pedals into a cheap amp like that, end up with 500+usd in pedals, and still not be happy with your toanz.

thanks and i will.

and i won't buy any pedals for it, the amp has decent quality default distortion effects, and i will just use the channels like mentioned. it makes more sense do that anyways until i get something nicer.
Quote by sugarveins
thanks and i will.

and i won't buy any pedals for it, the amp has decent quality default distortion effects, and i will just use the channels like mentioned. it makes more sense do that anyways until i get something nicer.

To help with your problem, I believe they make a foot pedal for the amp.

I think it is called the Sanpera II or something like that. I think it might only work for the bigger models though. That and it cost's like 200usd or something.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
To help with your problem, I believe they make a foot pedal for the amp.

I think it is called the Sanpera II or something like that. I think it might only work for the bigger models though. That and it cost's like 200usd or something.

I dunno if the Sanpera is going to work with the 15. It might be only available for the 30.

But there's no reason to pay for something you already got. You just need to press a button.

If you just want something for convenience grab a used 20 dollar dod or digitech from your gc.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
If you can save up $100, you can sell your 15W for $50, and then buy a 30W for $150.

Then save another $100 and scour the earth for a Sanpera II. It is extremely rare to see them that cheap, but I have seen it once.

The Vypyr is an amazing amp. It just takes a little to make it's full potential realized. In the end, if you have a 30W+ and a Sanpera II, it is worth far much more than it cost. There is just so much that you can do with it, it's ridiculous.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Use the aux in for a drum machine or mp3 player. I see no reason why not to pick up a distortion pedal and use it with the clean channel. I bet a lot of us have plenty of pedals laying around we don't use. So who are we to judge if you should experiment or not.

The Vypyr 15 is a pretty cool amp. I made a new speaker baffle board for mine so you could use a 10" speaker. Helped a lot with the tone.