Page 1 of 3
Just kidding. I got 12 blackmachines.

No I didn't.

This was me earlier today.

Alright, let's do this quick fast and clean. I'm sure I'll have plenty of extra lols to type out tomorrow.

Here we go.

I got bant. It was sad. But then packages started arriving. I went from 6 am to midnight.

First this came.

It's a radial DI Box/Reamp kit. Looking back in time to when I was just a young noob...I should have gotten one of these things first. It's way to hard to turn knobs and play all at the same time. Sliders I could probably figure something out. Knobs...impossible.
Most interfaces actually have instrument level input/output impedance options now so boxes like these aren't strictly necessary. However, independent units like this are usually higher quality and quieter. The X-amp allows you to drive 2 amps at the same time as well as lift ground, reverse phase. The J48 has a pad and a frequency dampener. It also has both a direct out and a transformer isolated thru out. That means that by running a guitar into the J48 first it is possible to record a DI of the guitar and drive two amps at the same time. I think. I haven't tried it yet.

Apogee duet. Don't buy this. It sounds 1 million times better then my old interface. It's also only got one external control. Everything else has to be controlled through software. In a fit of genius Apogee doesn't support any sort of device aggregation with the duet or the ensemble. If you get this your stuck with it as your only core audio i/o source. Stupid. It's being upgraded soon. At least it's shiny.

ART MPA PRO. This pretty much the cheapest tube mic/channel strip on the market. I don't think it sounds bad. It's much better then the little ART I had. The signal chain goes input pre-compressor-eq. Its got 3 tubes. That's one more then a blackstar bt5.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Then I screwed around for like 8 hours doing stuff like this.

then my SLO came home from the shop.

I had my buddy relay the fx loop to a switch in the back so I can take the fx loop completely out of the circuit since real men run wet/dry/wet/sticky rigs. It makes a big big difference in the sound. It's a lot more articulate. I also had the depth knob installed. The SLO is a real bright circuit. It didn't handle my Bari very well but the depth knob fixed that.

Then I tried to make some scumbacks work with eminences.

not very successful. Eminences are loud. That's a Scumback XH75 with an efficiency of something like 101. Eminence Wizards completely overpower it.

After that I traveled in time to today and built my first fischer-price rack.

Racks are awesome. Because **** wood. That's a cheapo furman power conditioner at on top. Below that is a MOTU midi timepiece 8x8. 8 inputs. 8 outputs. I play Synth. You play Synth. We all play synth. Below that is my vocoder for my Kanye West cover band, the radials, next to the radials is a Studio Projects VTB1 tube mic preamp and below that is the ART MPA.

I also bought a Rode NT1A, a Studio Projects B1, Sennheisser e609 and I've got a Rode NTK on the way but I can't be arsed to take another picture right now.

Then Brett came over and played some Ratt for me.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/brettisarockstar3.mp3

Then, I played some country.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/chuggachugga.mp3
Then I went back in time to wire up my pedal board.

First, this thing is awesome

MXR/CAE MC403 power supply. It's pricey new but totally worth it. 8 9v outs, 2 adjustable 6-15v outs, 1 9vac for something I don't own yet but will, and 4 18dvdcs for tc electronics or line six big box pedals. Transformer Isolated. Everything single output.

Here's me giving Eric Johnson a heart attack.

Here's the other side of the pedal board.

Then I sold that and got all this stuff

Then I made this
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/itsagopharorgy.mp3

Then I got a new cab.

Port City OS412. I love these Port Cities as much as Mclaw loves his Emperors. Mine came loaded with 4 Scumback H75s. 800 bucks. I swapped out 2 speakers for 2 M55s.

Then Matrixclaw came over and we played some KSE. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7394209/reamp5.mp3

Here's my other cab.

Here's the family.

Then I traveled forward in time to grab this from Fedex.

ahahahahahaha. lol.

Ya'll didn't think that was it did you.

red rover red rover

1 piece alder back.

the 3 amigos.

Last edited by AcousticMirror at Sep 24, 2010,
1. i would like to kick your ass for wring topic-name
2. i would like to kick your ass for having about 100 pedals
3. i would like to kick your as for having about 20 amps and boxes

thats it. where the hell did you get all the money for this stuff
You either have a really good job, won the lotto, or a very nice wifey who showers you with gifts.

OR, you could be living the hacker lifestyle, but with music. You spend as little amount of money as possible on living expenses, and then just pour you money into music equipment.

Or you have a looooooot of credit cards...

Happy NGD btw
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Open Teh Bawks
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
If you guys wish really hard. I might open the box.

Quote by TheQuailman
That case looks a lot like my Fender CS case. But I guess there's another TA or something like that in there, isn't it?

I play synth. you play synth. we all play synth. I've watched that 400 times today.
I'm wishing pretty hard right now, especially after seeing all of those amazing pics!
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Quote by AcousticMirror

I play synth. you play synth. we all play synth. I've watched that 400 times today.

Hey, the song's good. Much in the same way punching yourself in the balls to stop them itching is good. Sometimes scratching doesn't help.

And now show me what's in the case already, I got hustlin' to do.

EDIT: ^That neck joint looks veeeeeeery familiar.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 24, 2010,
Yaaaaa I knew it was an Anderson. Pictures of the top and a shot of it in it's entire glory or gtfo.

EDIT: That's rosewood, not maple.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 24, 2010,
You are ridiculous Min. Now give me your shit
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
I really hate you right now
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
sorry Duck...we'll hit page 2 eventually.

mini review: It's mah new Tom Anderson Drop Top 7.

1 piece Alder back, with a maple cap. Hip Shot 7 Tremelo. Tom anderson Pickups.

Thoughts: It's an Anderson. It looks sweet. There are really 23 that exist. There won't be anymore.

I tuned it to adadaad. Slide brootz.
nice to have you back min. please don't get banned again, we can't afford to lose you forever.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Glad your back mate

Great gear too

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
MMMMIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

They shalt returnesh with teh NGD's that rapeth everyone else's. Good to have you back man and nice stuff
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by SimplyBen
A worthy first thread back from our most notorious gear *****

Wow the B. Renegades thread was really 45 days ago? Well i guess that means that period of a month, where he promised not to make any more threads, is over
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Quote by Guitar-KID125
Wow the B. Renegades thread was really 45 days ago? Well i guess that means that period of a month, where he promised not to make any more threads, is over

Don't say that. He might see. He might make more threads. YOU FOOL! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

now hurry up and buy a blackmachine.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
You spent a lot of money acquiring the ability to get great sounding recordings. Now you just gotta find someone who can play guitar and you'll be on your way.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
hahahahaha, awesome. lol at giving eric johnson a heart attack
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Noice. HNGD.

Btw, I HATE YOU
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by SimplyBen
Don't say that. He might see. He might make more threads. YOU FOOL! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL.

+1

Min - now you need to show us that you have been practicing too in the last 45 days with a clip that demo's the mods to your SLO using your new TA guitar and recording gear. Like ASAP.

no more reamping other peoples clips

HN*G*D

Welcome back
Quote by Dave_Mc
hahahahaha, awesome. lol at giving eric johnson a heart attack

Isnt EJs board pretty messy? Well it was last time i saw it.
Or is that not the point.

^agreed
Page 1 of 3