Ive been playing bass for a good few years, never really settled on a tone I really like and it seems to change every couple of weeks.

I dont really like the song but "In the morning" by Razorlight, i love the crunchy sound of the bass in that song. Any tips on how i would go about getting that kind of sound?
Last edited by ashleybarr99 at Sep 24, 2010,
Blending a mildly overdriven signal (something like a Sansamp Bass Driver would do it) with a clean signal, and compressing them both would get you a tone like that.

The most important part though is definitely a P-bass (preferably with a maple board) and a pick.
Quote by Ziphoblat
Blending a mildly overdriven signal (something like a Sansamp Bass Driver would do it) with a clean signal, and compressing them both would get you a tone like that.

The most important part though is definitely a P-bass (preferably with a maple board) and a pick.

Cheers buddy. I like abit of a fuzz tone, i was looking for those Bass Driver pedals on ebay and found this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sansamp-Bass-Driver-DI-/250703440725?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3a5f16eb55

Might keep my eye on that if it stays under £100
^If you don't need the DI function, you could get the Sansamp VT Bass pedal, which is esentially the same thing yet cheaper (It runs about 150 USD). And with another EQ knob.