I've been collecting some backing tracks to sort of practice jamming/improvising skills, but the problem seems to be that almost all the tracks that I found are bluesy, jazzy, or funky kinds... and a good chunk of them are just 12-bar blues progress in different keys.

I mean, I like those kinds of stuffs but seriously, I need something else.
I need something that's very major sounding, preferrably without all the dominant 7ths, major 7ths, and that minor pentatonic feel...

I guess majorish ballads or j-rock kind of stuffs are also good

the thing is that for the life of me I can't find any backing tracks of those sorts...
can anybody direct me to a site or anything where I can download some of these backing tracks (given that they exist... which I believe to be more than likely)

thanks in advance
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
I basically live there... but I believe the site is for backing tracks of.... actual songs, as opposed to just random backing tracks meant to be randomly practiced on. Unless, of course, there's a section in the website that contains such backing tracks that I don't know about...
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
Quote by thelax
I basically live there... but I believe the site is for backing tracks of.... actual songs, as opposed to just random backing tracks meant to be randomly practiced on. Unless, of course, there's a section in the website that contains such backing tracks that I don't know about...

Under J you will find JamTracks...Might have something you'll like there.

http://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/bts/Jamtracks.htm
There are various websites out there and some various standalone MP3s of backing tracks (the "Sunny" backing track that Greg Howe jammed to on youtube is a rarity yet amazing to jam to).

But you really have to search. I have loads of backing tracks some jam, some of songs, I'll take a look through what I have (I can't think of any sites or anything off the top of my head that you don't have to pay for (David Walliman's website is great, but, need to pay =/)) to see if there's anything suitable for what you're after.

Though some song's backing tracks are amazing to jam to like you want.
Take a listen to Joe Satriani's "Echo" if you haven't already heard it.
Then find a backing track, and just jam in Em/E lydian (the 'chorus'/bridge kinda thing changes key slightly) great fun.
If you have the gear, making your own backing tracks is actually pretty straight-forward and fun. I know what you mean though about the lack of variety in backing tracks online. There is one excellent site, but you have to pay for their tracks, I can't remember the name. I'll edit this if I remember.