i find 0:55 – 1:23 of the lead in this song
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/the_devil_wears_prada/dez_moines_ver2_tab.htm
kinda hard to play. i mean i can do it but i cant do it as fast as in the song. i can play the riff that includes palm muting from The Final Episode Lets Change the Channel by Asking Alexandria just so you know what i can do.

any help with this kinda thing?
Yes, practice until you get it. There's no magical way of becoming better at guitar, just practice things that you can't play. I bet that in few days you'll be able to play it.
Make sure you practice at a slower tempo. I don't know the song, but it looks like a fairly generic metalcore riff. In this kind of music, a lot of players only use downstrokes, so you must be able to handle the speed. Be sure to only mute the lower string.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
Quote by Tabassco
Make sure you practice at a slower tempo. I don't know the song, but it looks like a fairly generic metalcore riff. In this kind of music, a lot of players only use downstrokes, so you must be able to handle the speed. Be sure to only mute the lower string.

Limiting yourself just to downstrokes is fairly stupid I would say. If you can play it with alternate picking, even better.

It's like people insist on Master of Puppets being played with downstrokes only. I mean yes, it has a rhytmic advantage, but let's be honest, the only reason it's played that way is because of Hetfield's inability to alternate pick properly.
Quote by piszczel
Limiting yourself just to downstrokes is fairly stupid I would say. If you can play it with alternate picking, even better.

It's like people insist on Master of Puppets being played with downstrokes only. I mean yes, it has a rhytmic advantage, but let's be honest, the only reason it's played that way is because of Hetfield's inability to alternate pick properly.

No, it's because it sounds better.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
ye i must agree... some stuff sounds different with only down picking then alternate and some not
Quote by piszczel

So you are telling me that James Hetfield CAN'T alternate pick properly? Try and play Battery while singing.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
practice at really slow speeds n alternate pick.
Just keep working up speed. Its quite tricky to get and if you can try to use a metronome will help a lot.