Crap the colour on all my guitars is fading and I dont know why, we had a gas leak a few days ago could that be the problem...

What can I do to protect them!!!!1

Ha you fell into my "hover" trap....

I finally got my old explorer back from the shop and here it is.

From this..

To this..

Oh its just an epiphone..... But is it?

Um basically yeah it is, but with a few little changes of my own.

I asked the pit for help redesgning it and the best we decided upon was the matt nato green look, I wanted ssomething that said metal, but not too over the top, I think it was the right choice.

I promised I would post the results so here it is.

Now I have it I am a bit concerned its a cross between a Zakk Wylde wanabe and an 80s explorer, but hey its my favouite control layout so deal with it lol

The guitar plays great and its honestly the nicest guitar I have ever played, this thing is my excalibur and its never going anywhere. I know thats a big statement but this is just the guitar for me and I know other people wil play it and hate it, but its just right for me IMO

The pickups sound great for what I play and what I do, I love EMGs and you will notice all my guitars have them...

So yeah, hope you all approve and like how it looks and just goes to show you can make anything into somehting special with time and money,

mostly money....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Well, I could see the whole post from the main page by hovering over it anyway...

Nice guitar, explorers are a bit chunky for my liking but they pack some attitude
Looks great, I love Epi Explorers I have owned dozens over the years and not one ever disappointed me. It looks like the did a good job on it I hope it didn't cost you an arm and a leg for the work.
Thanks John,

they did a good job, better than I would be able to do, fairly expensive,

the pickguard was the most expensive part as it had to be custom made for the guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
What type of shop do take a guitar to for a paint job? And do you have do anything yourself first, like stripping the paint or do they do that?

I just took it to my local store and they sourced out the work to their guy, I didnt have to do anything other than give them a detailed list of what I wanted and then just wait.

They sourced the paint and the custom pick guard.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Because I wasn't GASing hard enough.

Looks great though, is that the 1984 with a different finish or the 1958 with a different finish and EMGs?
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Ha! Thanks mate,

Its an old ( about 8/9 years ) "Epiphone Limited Edition Pewter 1958 Explorer"

With a lot of work on it. Its a great guitar and if you can ever find one I suggest you get it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I just took it to my local store and they sourced out the work to their guy, I didnt have to do anything other than give them a detailed list of what I wanted and then just wait.

They sourced the paint and the custom pick guard.

Thanks
is it expensive?

You in the UK?

It cost me £260,

£180 for the paint, labour, strings and set up.

£80 for the custom plate, gibson ones dont fit and I couldnt find any black epi ones worth getting so had to go custom....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
You in the UK?

It cost me £260,

£180 for the paint, labour, strings and set up.

£80 for the custom plate, gibson ones dont fit and I couldnt find any black epi ones worth getting so had to go custom....

Yeah I am, cheers

Cool,

well I took it to PMT in southend, if thats any help to you.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
No offence but that guitar looks so boring I liked the other ones in the thread you made asking for advice..
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
so did I, but the prices were much higher, like £3-400 just for materials and labour.

I promise when the LTD needs redoing I will splash ou ton that one.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Damn, thats a sexylooking guitar. GAS'ing for an explorer myself, wanting an Epiphone (due to myself being cheap and actually just wanting a cheap guitar to fool around with in E-standard, as well as it looking ****ing awesome).

Anyhow, just wondered how the guitar in itself is? Any problems with fretbuzz etc, or is it generally a good guitar for its price?
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
Thanks greg

I can only say good things about MY Epi, its a great guitar and will be with me for as long as either I or it last,

Mine is a LTD ED Korean one however so I cannot compare it to other Explorers, though this one is a beast and I imagine most MIK Epis would also be as good if not better...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb