Hey all,

I just recently bought a Voodoo labs pedal power 2. It powered up all of my pedals flawlessly - but then I added my digitech whammy to the mix and it cut all the sound in my effects loops - even when the pedal was off. I was powering it up using the red barrel connector. Not sure if this was the correct patch to use or if the voodoolab could even support this. Hope I didnt wreck my pedal.

I was running this - FX Loop (Peavey 6505+)- Digitech Whammy --> Boss CE-5 --> Boss DD-6

Thanks guys.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Gibson Les Paul Studio - Gem Series
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-ESP Horizon FR II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
I am not sure if the pedal power 2 powers the 12V - I know I can hook up two 9V to make 18V - will this work?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
Nope, it will fry the bujeezus out of your pedal.

EDIT:

And apparently inputs 1 to 4 support 12V:

9/12V (x4) – Standard 9V and 12V Boss ACA
With each one of these four outputs delivering 100mA, you can easily power any 9V battery-operated pedals. Boss pedals that specify the PSA adapter operate at 9V like most other pedals. Boss pedals that require the ACA adapter operate at 12V which can be selected via switches underneath the Pedal Power 2 Plus. Any one of these outputs can be individually selected to run at 9V or 12V.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Sep 24, 2010,
I dont think so - but here is the link to the description.

Unless I am reading this wrong I dont see a 12V connection:

http://www.voodoolab.com/pedalpower_2.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
Ah wait it looks like the first four inputs can be switched from 9V to 12V - I will have to check this when I get home.

I should learn to read haha.

Thanks guys.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-ESP Eclipse II Standard
-Marshall TSL 602
-Peavey 6505+
-Mesa 2x12 Rectifer Cab
I have the pedal power 2.

You can adjust a few of the inputs to 12 volts.

I'm sorry if this is rude, but read the manual. It tells you how to do it. Being able to power 12v pedals is one of the main features of the thing!

Reading The Manual should have been the first thing you did anyway.

EDIT: Just read your latest post. I take back the things I said!
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by ESP_Azrael
Hey all,

I just recently bought a Voodoo labs pedal power 2. It powered up all of my pedals flawlessly - but then I added my digitech whammy to the mix and it cut all the sound in my effects loops - even when the pedal was off. I was powering it up using the red barrel connector. Not sure if this was the correct patch to use or if the voodoolab could even support this. Hope I didnt wreck my pedal.

I was running this - FX Loop (Peavey 6505+)- Digitech Whammy --> Boss CE-5 --> Boss DD-6

Thanks guys.

The Digitech Whammy is 9VAC. It cannot be powered w/ the PP2+ unless you use the courtesy outlet. The power outlet on the Digitech Whammy should state the power requirement. I believe it is 9VAC @ 1300mA. Although the real mA is much less than what is stated on the unit. I have been able to power the Whammy thru the MC-403 power supply, but that of course has a 9VAC outlet, unlike the PP2+.
I just plugged the Whammy Adapter into the complimentary outlet on the back of the PP2+.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.