So, i'm thinking it's time for some new gear, and i could really need a booster.

I do not have that much money, so i would like to keep it below the 100€ mark, i'm fine with used. Even though you'll have a hard time finding used gear in germany.

The question is, would something like a simple line booster like the Electro Harmonis LBP-1 work, or should i get something like a TS-9?

I'm open for any input and advice on that topic
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
What exactly do you want this pedal to do? A transparent volume boost? Something that adds a bit of dirt to your signal? Something that adds sparkle and liveliness to your signal?

The LPB-1 is a cheap booster, and will not provide a totally transparent boost. An OD will add its own character to your signal. Depends what you want, really.
getting an overdrive as a booster will change your tone. depends if you want that. if you're using it as a solo boost, that could be good and add something to the solo. no one wants to hear a solo with the same tone as what you were playing as the rhythm.

but if you just want to up the volume a bit at times, get a booster pedal instead. that way you keep your tone.

it really depends what you want.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Oops, totally forgot to tell you what i want to achieve.

Basically i just want to add some gain to my Laney. Something that gives me a tad more gain with the switchable drive. I already like the tone of it, so i figure it shouldn't color the tone much.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

Okay, something that can add a bit of punch to your signal while still maintaining your tone is the Xotic EP Booster. It has a couple of mini switches inside to adjust it to your rig. And is about 116USD. Check it out.
While the Xotic EP Booster looks very nice, it's definitely out of my budget, it's like 150€ here Can't find it used, too. It would be cheaper to buy in America and ship to Germany. Funny

So, i'm looking for a cheaper booster. Any suggestions?
Gear:

My Lyrics and Poems

Toadworks Meat Jr.
BBE Boosta Grande

Couple of my faves.

Come in under £60

EDIT: Of course a boost circuit is pretty straightforward and so a home-build is also a possibility? Come in at around £25 shipped for 3DPT true bypass and a metal enclosure. Just another option.
Last edited by Burpbelly at Sep 24, 2010,
Dunlop Way Huge Angry Troll.

Great pedal.

Gives a great variation in tone and really nice grunt to your signal, I love it and I dont see me selling it anytime soon,

You should also find one under your budget if you look around

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The aforementioned Way Huge Angry Troll or the MXR/CAE booster.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.