Page 1 of 6
Quick back story: I dated a guy for a year 3 years ago. We've been best friends since then and I'e had a handful of boyfriends between then and now. He's the reason I'm alive right now after a suicide attempt over the summer; he's the one who called my parents to get an ambulance. We've been contemplating getting back together but neither one of us wants to right now so we're single. We both have hooked up with other people in that time. Somehow he found it appropriate to call me a slut and tell me that he doesn't give a shit if I go kill myself because I slept with someone last week.

Now to the meat: Would you ever call a girl a slut? What do you think defines a slut? This whole situation has made me curious as to what young men center around the word.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Your not together and you don't make it sound like your with a new man every other week so it's none of his ****ing business.
I get called a slut all the time, and I'm a dude.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
As soon as a teenager contemplates suicide or even tries it I think they're an idiot and stop taking them seriously.
A single girl can sleep around and not be a slut.
If she sleeps around when she's with someone then she is both a slut and a *****.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
As soon as a teenager contemplates suicide or even tries it I think they're an idiot and stop taking them seriously.

Well then I feel sorry for you good sir because as unbelievable as it sounds, us stupid angsty irritating don't-know-anything-about-the-world teenagers can have just as bad a time as you. Probably worse because we have to live with parents who can beat us and treat us like shit and there's nothing we can do about it until we're old enough to leave home. Some of my best friends have been through this. So next time shut the **** up and think about what you're saying.
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
The closest I ever got was branding into my arm. Mostly to destroy my boyishly good looks, we changed the world that day!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by JackalUK
Your not together and you don't make it sound like your with a new man every other week so it's none of his ****ing business.

YUP, thanks. I do want to know general thoughts on the topic though

Quote by Beared_Seth

I've been clinically depressed since I was a little kid; most of my family is as well. It wasn't a rational decision or anything and I've been trying to help myself both physically and mentally for years now. Anyway it's a little audacious and unnecessary of you to assume that position and, on top of it, voice it to people who don't really give a damn for no reason other than to look down upon them.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by adstr123
Well then I feel sorry for you good sir because as unbelievable as it sounds, us stupid angsty irritating don't-know-anything-about-the-world teenagers can have just as bad a time as you. Probably worse because we have to live with parents who can beat us and treat us like shit and there's nothing we can do about it until we're old enough to leave home. Some of my best friends have been through this. So next time shut the **** up and think about what you're saying.

Define beating and treating you like shit. I guarantee life is nowhere near as bad as you think.
Last edited by Bearded_Seth at Sep 24, 2010,
I hate when people use words about sexual promiscuity in a derogatory way. It doesn't warrant an insult (and also, your story particularly doesn't warrant an insult). The word slut implies that your character/morals are somehow tied to your sexual behavior (incorrect).

I never use that word, personally. I'm thinking about a friend of mine who I've been through a lot with and who has taken care of me in some rough times, and I don't think I would like him very much if he called me that. I'd probably cut contact with him, but I'm also notorious for burning bridges. (not trying to tell you what to do, but, that's my personal take on it).
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Depends if she's a slut or not. You don't sound like you are, so he's in the wrong.

Seemplez.

Quote by Bearded_Seth

*sigh*. Again? There are plenty of attention seeking idiots who fake being suicidal, yes. But there are also genuinely despressed teenagers who don't deserve to be laughed at.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Last edited by asator at Sep 24, 2010,
Quote by Bearded_Seth

Yes, you should keep laughing to get out of an awkward situation.

Have you actually just said "define beating"? I thought you were supposed to be an experienced adult? Okay, I'll humor you regardless. You take a fist, or a foot, or an object, you raise it up, and then bring it swiftly down upon a part of someone elses's body, quite probably multiple times. This causes a phenomena known as "pain". Not many people particularly like this "pain" I speak of, so I regard at as a bad thing, which is why I was talking about it in this thread.

Help? Good. Now **** off.
Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.
Last edited by adstr123 at Sep 24, 2010,
I would probably use it if I really meant it and I was really angry at said person
DeVillains!
Quote by vintage x metal

I've been clinically depressed since I was a little kid; most of my family is as well. It wasn't a rational decision or anything and I've been trying to help myself both physically and mentally for years now. Anyway it makes a right cunt of you to assume that position and, on top of it, voice it to people who don't really give a damn for no reason other than to look down upon them.

Fixed.
Frasier Crane has taught me that you probably still have feelings for this man, seeing as how you seem to care about his opinion, and that if this is indeed the case you need to communicate with him about it.
Quote by adstr123

well said
Quote by Mudmen190
Frasier Crane has taught me that you probably still have feelings for this man, seeing as how you seem to care about his opinion, and that if this is indeed the case you need to communicate with him about it.

I do, I do, we have. And i wish I had watched more Frasier while it was on.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

One I would never call a girl a slut and two my definition of a Slut is someone who sleeps around for attention. What he did was uncalled for my opinion is that he was afraid of getting back together with you and end up breaking up again so he decided to avoid that by saying...it was just uncalled for
I consider a girl a slut where it seems her only hobby and goal is to get laid, which to me is a very empty existence.

I've been called a slut, but I don't get laid as often as people think (there are periods where it's multiple times a day, then there times when I go without for months.) Plus I got other shit I do that I hold way above having sex. It irks girls, cuz they're like, if you don't I won't sex you for a month, then I'm like, well I won't sex you for two, lets see who caves in first bitch.
(it's gonna be her.)
Quote by Bearded_Seth

That's certainly easier than say... helping them out or being there for them, or even God forbid attempting to steer them off such a route.

Damn, you're a dick.

And I do call people (girls being among those people) sluts, though I can't recall the last time it wasn't in jest.
Doesn't seem like you are to me. I know many girls who are pretty slutty, and I do enjoy jokingly calling my friends sluts, but the only time I think I've acually said it to someone seriously was an ex-girlfriend who was with another guy 3 days after we broke up after we'd been together for a year, and then paraded him about our freinds.

Sounds to me like he isn't over you, and that is why he reacted as he did. Was he maybe a bit more up for getting back together than you?
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Nah. I couldn't even possibly feign that much ignorance.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by red157
That's certainly easier than say... helping them out or being there for them, or even God forbid attempting to steer them off such a route.

Damn, you're a dick.

And I do call people (girls being among those people) sluts, though I can't recall the last time it wasn't in jest.

More along the lines of announcing it on a forum. If someone I gave a shit about in real life contemplated then I'd say they're a f*cking idiot and put them right. If they tried then no, I don't want anything to do with them. Not that any of them actually would, no one I know is stupid enough to kill themselves.

When kids announce it on a forum its more than likely for attention.
I think it's a horrible word, I really don't consider myself in high enough esteem to judge people on thier personal lifes. I'm personally quite prudish and shy when it comes to sleeping with people, but I wouldn't judge anyone else for not being.
Quote by Bearded_Seth
More along the lines of announcing it on a forum. If someone I gave a shit about in real life contemplated then I'd say they're a f*cking idiot and put them right. If they tried then no, I don't want anything to do with them. Not that any of them actually would, no one I know is stupid enough to kill themselves.

Calling them an idiot and putting them right is probably the best thing you can do, but why would you want nothing to do with those that attempt such a thing?

I'm sure they've endured your idiocy on more than one occasion, can't you return the favour?
Just so you know, he called you a slut because he's hurt that you didn't sleep with him. Since you're both considering getting back together, in his mind he probably considered you both "saved" until you officially made a declaration. So in his mind, you practically cheated on him.

In a rational mind, you didn't.
Quote by red157
Calling them an idiot and putting them right is probably the best thing you can do, but why would you want nothing to do with those that attempt such a thing?

I'm sure they've endured your idiocy on more than one occasion, can't you return the favour?

Would you want anything to do with a whiny kid who thinks life is bad enough to justify death? Life is almost NEVER bad enough to justify death. Even the poor starving souls in Africa don't commit suicide, sure they die but that's not from their own doing.
Quote by Bearded_Seth

When kids announce it on a forum its more than likely for attention.

Big shock you're backtracking now you know you're ****ed. You said that when a teenager announces they want to commit suicide you automatically don't want to know them, or some shit like that anyway. Now you're saying when they announce it on a forum, it's for attention.

Once again, maybe they don't know where to turn as the main people that should be helping them are the perpetrators and your friends are probs the same age the beatee is so what the **** are they supposed to do? At the same time you don't want to take it to the police as they are your parents at the end of the day regardless of the fact they're wankers. So people just simply don't know where to turn and come to places like the pit.

Unfortunately. Because you're here.
Quote by Duv
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Would you want anything to do with a whiny kid who thinks life is bad enough to justify death? Life is almost NEVER bad enough to justify death. Even the poor starving souls in Africa don't commit suicide, sure they die but that's not from their own doing.

Please leave the thread, you're trolling and it's off-topic.
Quote by adstr123

Guess who's a teenager? ME YAAAY. and I gotta say anyone who tries to kill themself is f-king retarded. I understand that you can get depressed or that you feel your life sucks in your eyes, but suicide is the most selfish attentionwhoring and yeah mostly just selfish act a person can commit. Whenever you consider suicide you are feeling so incredibly sorry for yourself at that moment, that you forget other people around you. now this can happen. but whenever you actually try it it means that you've had the idea in your head for a very long time and therefore thought of nothing but how sad you are for a long time. and then when you actually kill yourself there's all those people you simply **** over. yeah I'm sure your parents invested all that money and time and (in most cases) love in your life just to watch you kill yourself. and all the people around you totally deserve to know someone and relate and bond with that someone just to watch them purposely OD. Come on dude it is absolutely sad and pathetic and selfcentered to take your own life.

didn't mean for this rant to take this long. sorry bout that

though to answer your question: no it is not appropriate to be called a slut in this scenario. I suggest you take one of his testicles as a trophy
Last edited by JohnnySolo at Sep 24, 2010,
Quote by adstr123
Big shock you're backtracking now you know you're ****ed. You said that when a teenager announces they want to commit suicide you automatically don't want to know them, or some shit like that anyway. Now you're saying when they announce it on a forum, it's for attention.

Once again, maybe they don't know where to turn as the main people that should be helping them are the perpetrators and your friends are probs the same age the beatee is so what the **** are they supposed to do? At the same time you don't want to take it to the police as they are your parents at the end of the day regardless of the fact they're wankers. So people just simply don't know where to turn and come to places like the pit.

Unfortunately. Because you're here.

I'd be backtracking if I actually changed my opinion.
If the two of you aren't together anymore, I don't see what business it is to him what you do in your personal life.

Quote by Mudmen190

I learned so much from that show. I wish they would bring Frasier back.
I'd call a girl a slut if she was a slut, you don't sound like one though.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Bearded_Seth

So if you woke up every morning knowing that your day would be hell, and the bruises on your face and stomach can only get bigger today and not smaller, and the only thing that gets you through the day is knowing that you can sleep to get away from it all, you wouldn't want that to stop? You would want that to carry on, would you? You're more of a penis than I thought.
Quote by Duv
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Why not just ring an ambulance?

This.

Quote by adstr123
So if you woke up every morning knowing that your day would be hell, and the bruises on your face and stomach can only get bigger today and not smaller, and the only thing that gets you through the day is knowing that you can sleep to get away from it all, you wouldn't want that to stop? You would want that to carry on, would you? You're more of a penis than I thought.

STFULOL. None of that shit happens to you.
Last edited by Bearded_Seth at Sep 24, 2010,