Hey!

I found a deal of an ESP Horizon FR for 900e which is cheap around here. I suppose you could usually get for one maby 1000-1100e. The guitar is not located close to where I live, so thats the problem here.

Now Im asking YOU (and also, what should I do?), would you buy a guitar fairly expensive with only seeing pictures of it?

As Ive now started "merchanting" guitars. Buying off cheaply used, and selling higher price (or morelike, selling regular price). This deal however is not only about profit, as Im seriously looking to buy a new guitar, and probably going to land on an ESP near the M - Horizon zone.

But yeah, please answe the question

Cheers
Jonathan
idealy it's best you go and see it yourself, but if you ask alot of questions, and maybe try get more detailed pictures form the owner then there shouldn't be any problem
well first of all, Im 14. So definately I dont have a car. And the guitar is maby 300km away from me ;( I usually do go (and I want to) see guitars and just about anything before I buy something.. If thats possible.
Unfortunately, unless you're very careful, if you buy enough used gear you will eventually run into a bad deal. Most people are honest and will be up front about any issues with the guitar but sometimes you just get someone who wants to unload their problems. Some things are very hard to detect even when the guitar is in your hands. Like hairline cracks, broken truss rods, etc. Putting out payment especially a large payment without checking the merch first is extemely risky.
on deluthe's post. I made up a couple of questions in my head.
If theres a hairline crack, and I dont notice it with the guitar in my hand, can it really effect anything? I mean, if I dont notice it, who cares?

Truss rod. Do the ESP used truss rods tend to brake?? And if one is broken, shouldnt I notice it right away when playing the guitar? Cause can you make a good set up with a broken truss rod or something?

About the deal, I thought that if I tell the guy to write on the post letter that I can test the guitar (open the case and have it in my hands) before paying, should everything be safe?

Thanks in advance
Jonathan
Quote by fc89konkari
on deluthe's post. I made up a couple of questions in my head.
If theres a hairline crack, and I dont notice it with the guitar in my hand, can it really effect anything? I mean, if I dont notice it, who cares?

Truss rod. Do the ESP used truss rods tend to brake?? And if one is broken, shouldnt I notice it right away when playing the guitar? Cause can you make a good set up with a broken truss rod or something?

About the deal, I thought that if I tell the guy to write on the post letter that I can test the guitar (open the case and have it in my hands) before paying, should everything be safe?

Thanks in advance
Jonathan

hairline cracks that are in the body, no they wont affect anything. typically these are nly in the finish.
if that hairline crack is in the neck or headstock: over time it can grow due to the forces pulling on the neck. these can be fixed by a luthier, but can get quite expensive.
the truss rod, is very hard to break, if one does happen to snap you WILL know, the playability goes completely down hill. also the neck may in some cases have a ridiculous bow. you can test the truss rod with a properly fitted allen key. if there is no resistance when trying to turn the truss rod then something is wrong.
NOTE:
This test does not actually require turning the truss rod, your just feeling for resistance.

I doubt the guy will allow you to handle a shipped guitar without paying, it doesnt work that way.
i would ask for some kind of written warranty, that if you find problems with in a certain time frame then you can return it.
No.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
How could I get a written warranty? And basically I would say to the guy morelike that Ill pay for it of course, but I just want to check that its not a complete piece of shit beaten to pieces.
Quote by fc89konkari
How could I get a written warranty? And basically I would say to the guy morelike that Ill pay for it of course, but I just want to check that its not a complete piece of shit beaten to pieces.

simply ask for a written warranty, if he refuses then take your money else where.