Can anyone recommend an all valve amp head that is no more than 50 watts and can produce good metal tones, the likes of parkway drive, as i lay dying and all that remains kinda stuff? preferably less than £400 as well?

Ii am using a jackson matt tuck signiture with emg 81/85s if that helps.

Thanks.
JCA50h. Brootz can be achieved with a good OD pedal

Redit: Just saw your other thread; why'd you make a new one?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Last edited by Guitarbaddie at Sep 24, 2010,
Crate BV60 maybe?
Gig Rig:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Crate BV120H
B-52 LS 4x12 cabinet
BBE Rackmount Sonic Max
Boss ME-50 Pedalboard
Digital Reference 2505 Wireless

I don't like BTBAM. Sue Me.

PLUR

My Solo Project
Mesa Boogie Recto-Verb single rectifier 50
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
You have a matt tuck signature but you only want to use under £400 for an amp? Meh...
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

single rectifiers go for over a grand...

and thanks guys i will check them out
Quote by bfmv_oli
well, 400 for the head...

Considering you wasted nearly £1000 on your guitar, you should really think of using quite the same amount for the amp. A good guitar won't sound good through a bad amplifier, although, I don't think that matt tuck's signature is good.. But that's my opinion, not yours. Check out the used market if you really only want to spend £400 for the head.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

i use a peavey classic 30 with a tubescreamer. Gets brootal enough, not uber brootal though. Any mid-high gain amp with a boost should be able to get you decent metal tones, it's all a matter of narrowing it down to what specific type of tone you want. Modern or old-school, Thight or loose, scooped? etc...
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
I bought mine for $650 mint used
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
This is an instance where instead of a matt tuck sig model you should have went with a nice valve amp and a lower end guitar.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
And some pedals

PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
well i got the matt tuck sig for £600 and i think it was well worth it, had everything i wanted.

So i am trying to spend £400 on the head, leavin gme £200 for the cab, which evens out, but i am looking at used as well.
Used Genz-Benz El Diablo 60 (can be run in triode mode @30 watts).
Last edited by cakeypower at Sep 24, 2010,
peavey 6505 combo...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
^This, or the Peavey Classic 30. I have played on that amp a couple of times and liked it a lot. It could get most of the sounds I wanted. Boosted, it sounded real good.
***Guitars***
Epiphone Les Paul Custom AP (w/ 2 Seymour Duncans)
Jackson Dx10D Dinky (w/ DiMarzio PAF Bridge)
Epihpone Hummingbird

***Amps***
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 (Voodoo Modified)
Custom 4x12 Halfstack (w/ Veteran 30's)
im pretty sure parkway use peavey 5150/6505 and the combos are 50 watts and can be had for 400-500 used. you could go bugera if your set on a head but the peavey combos are amazing especially if you invest in a speaker change later.

actually there is a 6505 combo for 379 on guitarcenter used and another for 399 both look like they are in good condition
Last edited by bluestratplayer at Sep 24, 2010,