This morning, I was thinking about a discussion we had in my ENG 101 class yester about anthropology, the study of human beings, and I was thinking my perception of life on the west coast, and what people from the west coast thought of life on the east coast. I've been out west once to California, and it was pretty much the coolest place in the world, everyone seemed so relaxed and carefree all the time. So I picture the west coast as a bunch of people who just hang out all the time do whatever they want, and work just enough to get by, but still making the most of it. I'm thinking that people from the west coast think that east coasters are strictly business oriented, and only live their life to get the mighty dollar. Now of course this isn't true for everyone on each coast, but it's more or less a statement I feel is slightly correct. So west coasters, what do you think the life styles of east coasters are? And east coasters, what do you think the lifestyles of west coasters are? Maybe we can clear up some misconceptions

inb4 cool blog bro.
Are you talking about states that border the oceans or the more general area?
I don't think vs threads are allowed.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
This really isn't a vs thread as it is a what one thinks about the other and vice versa. and yes I do mean the more general area
Well California does have some pretty fine ladies. And I hear that whole "legal marijuana" business is doing quite well.

But here in Florida, we have without a doubt THEE BEST crystal meth.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
In my experience, the only thing west coast people worry about is where the nearest Del Taco is, and why people on the east coast have never had it.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by GNiCk89
Well California does have some pretty fine ladies. And I hear that whole "legal marijuana" business is doing quite well.

But here in Florida, we have without a doubt THEE BEST crystal meth.

I thought it wasn't possible to have Methlabs in Florida due to something reason associated with the smell?
DeVillains!
Clearly, you've all the missed the point. The midwest is the place to be.

*raises coastal elitism flameshield*
I'm from New York

therefore I find a reason to hate everyone and everything that is not New York. Especially you, new england...

I've also heard so much about In n out burger
NYY _______________________________________________ NYG
i live in pa and work in md, both are shitholes full of dope
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by Ylasto
I thought it wasn't possible to have Methlabs in Florida due to something reason associated with the smell?

Psh nah. We've wised up, son! We makes that shit underground now. Special ventilation and lots of air fresheners.

I could probably walk to the end of my street, throw a rock, and hit a methlab.
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
I've lived on the west coast my entire life. I'm not a laid back kind of person. it's all these damn hippies giving us a bad name.
I think life out west would be a bit more relaxing. There's more of a balance of liberals and conservatives, rathers than basically ALL conservatives here in the southeast. Not saying the entire east coast is conservative, but the west has more balance.

I'm not saying it's all political based, but it does make a difference, in terms of law and regulation, taxes, etc.

Really, I would rather live on the west side of the country, but both places have their pros and cons.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
I think life out west would be a bit more relaxing. There's more of a balance of liberals and conservatives, rathers than basically ALL conservatives here in the southeast. Not saying the entire east coast is conservative, but the west has more balance.

I'm not saying it's all political based, but it does make a difference, in terms of law and regulation, taxes, etc.

Really, I would rather live on the west side of the country, but both places have their pros and cons.

I wouldn't say the beliefs are more balanced, after all the West is home to San Francisco, breeding ground for the Left. Plus we get all the Mexicans coming in here claiming to be morally opposed to immigration reform when really they just want cousin Felipe the convict to live with them. From what I've seen though, West coasters aren't as in-your-face with their beliefs (except, of course, in San Fran).
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Kyle Gass
^^^ Well you are in Oregon.

On a more thoughtout note, I grew up in the east and I've been stationed on the west... and I must say East>West AGAIN.

East-2 West-0

I was born and raised in San Francisco. I will not be associated with this inbred cesspool I so happen to live in at the time.

fucking hippies are here too.
Having been to both, but lived in neither, East Coast is far better.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Coast guard is the best coast.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
I don't like the east. I live in a rural WV town full of hillbillies, rednecks (ones that are just begging for a Jeff Foxworthy joke), and drug dealers. I know you have drug dealers everywhere, but other places have less rednecks. Think about "My Name Is Earl" and that would be my town.