Blended in with the "Welcome to Bullshit Land" wallpaper.

Video
Last edited by blue_strat at Sep 24, 2010,
I want to meet that man soooo bad.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
aaaaaaaahahahhahahaha I love that man.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by RU Experienced?
I don't suppose there's a video of his testimony?

I couldn't see anything on YouTube unfortunately.
That would just complete this.

EDIT: But then I'm British, so I don't really know anything about Colbert or Congress... so there may be something somewhere.
if he becomes a permanent member of congress.

I will officially loose faith in all of humanity...

he's awesome at what he does, but he shouldn't be in congress, hes not suited for that job at all
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome

he's awesome at what he does, but he shouldn't be in congress, hes not suited for that job at all

Not to cause a political debate, but he knows more, and is a lot more level headed about things than a majority of people in the senate.

EDIT: the only problem I see with him in any sort of government, is most people now a days, sadly, really don't understand how he gets his point across. Generally sarcasm.

Most people in the US take everything for face value which is why people are so easily persuaded to one way or another. Take the Tea party for instant.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Sep 24, 2010,
Quote by RazorTheAwesome

Sure he is. No more qualified than anyone else.

He knows the issues, he has an opinion, he knows how to speak to crowds.

I'm not saying it would be the best decision ever, but he's gotta be a hell of a lot better than some of the people who were voted in and have no real qualification, either.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Does anyone else kind of feel like Jon Stewart is a bit of a douchebag nowadays? He would never have the balls to stand up to Congress and do something like this.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
My grandfather did not travel across 4,000 miles of Atlantic ocean to see this country overrun by immigrants.

Well done, Mr. Colbert. Well done.

Quote by fallenangel20
Sure he is. No more qualified than anyone else.

He knows the issues, he has an opinion, he knows how to speak to crowds.

Agreed.

Anyone who's taken a basic government class knows that an elected official's number one most important objective is to get in office and to stay in office, not to help anyone, do any good, or make any changes. Get elected. Get re-elected. That's it.
Last edited by archangels at Sep 24, 2010,
Just watched/listened to Colbert's testimony and while a lot of it is in joke form I think it's valuable, it uses the form to make a few very good points...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Does anyone else kind of feel like Jon Stewart is a bit of a douchebag nowadays? He would never have the balls to stand up to Congress and do something like this.

says who?

John Stewart is staging his own rally for chirst's sake, how does he have no balls?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

To be fair, Stewart doesn't really have a character he can fall back on and do things he normally wouldn't.

Yes, some of the antics on the Daily Show aren't ALL Stewart, but the man is a comedian, after all. When he gets to the real side of the show, and starts talking real politics, he goes by his own knowledge and feelings.

Douchebag? Nah. He's just the more level headed logical one of the two, simply because Colbert has an aggressive character, and Stewart doesn't.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER

Actually, I kind of think the opposite. Colbert seems to be in it for the laughs as much as the issues, but recently Jon Stewart's seemed like he's genuinely pissed off about the state of the country/world.

The testimony was hilarious, though.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
he shouldn't be in congress, hes not suited for that job at all

In Oklahoma our Senators think the Bible is the literal Word of God: George W Bush
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Actually I think he would.

Colbert testifying is great. The news station we play at work is asking if it's a waste of taxpayer money. But when you think about it he's presenting valid points (I assume, I can't watch because I'm at work) but in a sarcastic, satirical way.

Plus Elmo has testified before congress.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
"Maybe this AgJobs bill would help, I don't know. Like most members of Congress, I haven't read it."

I think cookie monster should testify.

The godfather of Death Metal himself.

Quote by Waterboy799
says who?

John Stewart is staging his own rally for chirst's sake, how does he have no balls?

Yeah, I suppose you're right. I haven't watched the Daily Show for a while now so I suppose I shouldn't be saying anything about him like that. I just feel like Colbert has gone out of his way a lot more than Jon has. meh

Personally I think without the two of them there wouldn't be a media in America.

Quote by Bubonic Chronic
Personally I think without the two of them there wouldn't be a media in America.

It says a lot about the state of American news when two comedians make more valid and honest sense than the rest of the networks who are based solely on the distribution of news.

Even if Colbert is straight satire, he weaves in all of the facts about the story you need.

Saxo-Walrus

Quote by RazorTheAwesome

err he's not even running for a Congressman position.

Anywho, he seems a hell of a lot more informed and understands politics deals with human beings much more than a large number of people I've seen in Congress.
Holy Christ, I love Colbert. What a ****ing man.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I think he would be an awesome senator, hes smart as a mother****er.
Quote by tacaco1000
yes, babies tend to become a blue gooey liquid when kept inside a plastic bottle in the dark for a year.
Last edited by shiz.zle at Sep 25, 2010,
I've always preferred Jon Stewart to Colbert, and I was kinda annoyed when I heard about this before the actual testimony (I was afraid that Colbert was doing it for the lulz, and not to actually help), but I watched it live, and I was quite thrilled. Colbert gained a lot of street cred in my eyes. Anyone willing to help the immigrants is cool by me.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I love how the only thing that got a laugh was "I trust that after my testimony, congress will work together to figure out a solution in the interest of the American people, like they always do."
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I have such keen insight on the world that I understand everything better than other mere humans, which I am nothing like because I'm so grand.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I don't have a problem with him being a witness, but I don't like that he did in it character. If he wanted to be taken seriously (which maybe he didn't, I don't know), then he should have testified out of character.
Quote by daytripper75
I don't have a problem with him being a witness, but I don't like that he did in it character. If he wanted to be taken seriously (which maybe he didn't, I don't know), then he should have testified out of character.

I think he did beautifully. He brought up some fantastic points that I don't think are talked about enough in debates on this.
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by daytripper75

Does he ever break character in front of people? Certainly he wouldn't want to start being taken seriously; it would be bad for his career. We wouldn't want to have to replace him with any illegals now, would we?
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by iantheman
I think he did beautifully. He brought up some fantastic points that I don't think are talked about enough in debates on this.

Congress isn't going to take him very seriously when he's clearly acting out his character though. Some of the members were obviously angry or annoyed by him doing so. Making a joke out of a Congressional hearing isn't exactly the way to get your point across.

I love Colbert, I just don't think it was the best way for him to handle things. It was good for his own publicity, but maybe not as good for him to get his point across.
Quote by Zombee
Does he ever break character in front of people? Certainly he wouldn't want to start being taken seriously; it would be bad for his career. We wouldn't want to have to replace him with any illegals now, would we?

He did an interview for Rolling Stone out of character, but I think that's it.
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by element4433
Actually I think he would.

Colbert testifying is great. The news station we play at work is asking if it's a waste of taxpayer money. But when you think about it he's presenting valid points (I assume, I can't watch because I'm at work) but in a sarcastic, satirical way.

Plus Elmo has testified before congress.

Indeed. A lot of truth is said in jest.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by daytripper75
Congress isn't going to take him very seriously when he's clearly acting out his character though. Some of the members were obviously angry or annoyed by him doing so. Making a joke out of a Congressional hearing isn't exactly the way to get your point across.

I love Colbert, I just don't think it was the best way for him to handle things. It was good for his own publicity, but maybe not as good for him to get his point across.

As far as I know his written testimony to Congress was entirely serious and out of character.
http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/pdf/Colbert100924.pdf
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Last edited by Ur all $h1t at Sep 25, 2010,