I KNOW that there is a Bugera forum somewhere, but this is not about the amp it self.

On "ehem"Musis Store"ehem" there is special offers. 277€ for a Bugera 6260 Head and about the same price for a 412H-BK 200 Watt Cabinet.

I have been saving up for another amps, Cornford Roadhouse 30, for some time, but this Bugera is a third the price.

I am really not looking into big gigs, so 120Watts might be waaaay too much for me, but I don´t want to buy cheap plastic amps that break in a couple of months, even if they sounds greater than other 800€ models. It will just cost me more money than it saves.

So, any suggestions on this dilemma?
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
As long as you don't get a lemon, you'll be fine. If you do get a lemon, use warranty, and you'll be fine.

Also, if you think 120 Watts is too much, pull two output tubes, and you'll have:

- 3 dB loss of volume (not much).
- A spare set of tubes.
- Less maintenance costs.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Last edited by Kanthras at Sep 24, 2010,
They're very different sounding amps. If you like the Roadhouse you probably won't like the 6260 and vice versa. At least not for the things each is good at. Roadhouse will stand up to abuse better if you're rough with your gear and if you ever tour.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
They're very different sounding amps. If you like the Roadhouse you probably won't like the 6260 and vice versa. At least not for the things each is good at. Roadhouse will stand up to abuse better if you're rough with your gear and if you ever tour.
That's true. It's kinda weird you're torn between those two amps.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
As long as you don't get a lemon, you'll be fine. If you do get a lemon, use warranty, and you'll be fine.

Also, if you think 120 Watts is too much, pull two output tubes, and you'll have:

- 3 dB loss of volume (not much).
- A spare set of tubes.
- Less maintenance costs.

Almost every tech ive ever talked to said that pulling power tubes is useless.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by slipknot_420
Almost every tech ive ever talked to said that pulling power tubes is useless.
It's useless in reducing volume. That's why it's so awesome. You only need to buy/use half the power tubes, at the cost of very little volume loss.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Being torn between them is weird, I know. But I have only ever tried the Cornford, not the Bugera. But the reviews sound so good, with a fat distorsion. The Cornford just gets really crunchy although I have tried it with a Boss pedal to pep it up, and it worked nicely.

The thing about me is that I would like to play all kind of sounds, and that is why I got a multieffects pedal, but I want something to be MY sound, and in Spain I would probably be one of the first to combine Cornfords with Gibsons, so my sound would be particular.

But with the Bugera I would get a lot more distortion without pedal, and the clean sounds nice. And for much less the price.

It just looks soooooooooooooooooo cheap. Materials and stuff like that looks like plastic. The Cornford was at least well built, Marshall like in many ways.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
I didn't know Marshalls are well built these days.

Are you confusing the 6260 with the 333? The 333 is the one with the tacky, cheapo plastic fake-chrome bits (although you can remove those). The 6260 doesn't look cheap, tbh.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Well... I just don´t want anything that will break in couple of weeks and will be expensive in maintenance.
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
Quote by Tim the Rocker
Well... I just don´t want anything that will break in couple of weeks and will be expensive in maintenance.
First one is a fair point since a lot of people seem to have hang-up about that, although I don't really understand it.

The 2nd point does not compute. How will it be more expensive in maintenance?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Well, if I have to send it to repair or buy replacings, then it will cost more in the long end.

I probably just go for the Cornford... then I know what I am buying. I can´t really know the sound of the Bugera anyway, so until I can come to the nearest store to try it out the special offers at Music Store will have ended. They said there was only 33 available, but if they keep selling them the next couple of month I know that I should check them out whenever possible.

Gosh, I hate not living at a capital!
Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
Quote by Tim the Rocker
Well, if I have to send it to repair or buy replacings, then it will cost more in the long end.
You don't have to, it's called warranty.

I probably just go for the Cornford... then I know what I am buying. I can´t really know the sound of the Bugera anyway, so until I can come to the nearest store to try it out the special offers at Music Store will have ended. They said there was only 33 available, but if they keep selling them the next couple of month I know that I should check them out whenever possible.

Gosh, I hate not living at a capital!
Yeah, you really need to check it out before you buy. I'm not sure if it's the amp you're looking for tone wise, if you're going for a Cornford sound.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

^ true, but just be careful with musicstore. I remember reading through their terms and conditions a while back, when i was thinking of buying something from them, and i think that even if the item is faulty, you have to pay the return postage. Having shipped some things to germany from the UK, you really don't want to be paying that. o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ true, but just be careful with musicstore. I remember reading through their terms and conditions a while back, when i was thinking of buying something from them, and i think that even if the item is faulty, you have to pay the return postage. Having shipped some things to germany from the UK, you really don't want to be paying that. o_O
That sucks. I know Thomann arranges a free pickup for you. Best would always be a local store, of course.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
That sucks. I know Thomann arranges a free pickup for you. Best would always be a local store, of course.

This is true.

TS, if you like the cornford with a boost, get it!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Kanthras

yeah, i think thomann does (at least I hope it does if I have to send back my vht special 6 ). Don't quote me on the musicstore thing, obviously check yourself, but i *think* that's what it said, and it put me off buying from them. Post in the UK is incredibly expensive (for example, even were I to buy something from thomann at under the 200 euro mark so I didn't qualify for free postage, the postage from thomann to me in northern ireland would be less than the postage from most UK-based stores... ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, i think thomann does (at least I hope it does if I have to send back my vht special 6 ). Don't quote me on the musicstore thing, obviously check yourself, but i *think* that's what it said, and it put me off buying from them. Post in the UK is incredibly expensive (for example, even were I to buy something from thomann at under the 200 euro mark so I didn't qualify for free postage, the postage from thomann to me in northern ireland would be less than the postage from most UK-based stores... ).
What the hell, that's retarded!

I guess Thomann is just awesome. 3 year warranty, 30 day money-back guarantee, awesome distribution network. We in Holland get a 8 euro flat rate shipping cost. On par with or cheaper than most Dutch online stores.

I'm sounding like an advertiser, I'll shut up now..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

yeah i like thomann too
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Im probably going to buy the 6260 Head very shortly, I love my Vypyr 75, but I want 6505 tone without breaking my wallet, plus its t00b powered.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by Kanthras
It's useless in reducing volume. That's why it's so awesome. You only need to buy/use half the power tubes, at the cost of very little volume loss.

From what I've heard when you pull 2 tubes it just causes the 2 remaining tubes to be worked harder therefore burn out faster than all 4 tubes working together would... And you might loose some clean headroom when using 2 as opposed to 4, not sure that it would matter a whole lot overall but, things to consider...

Anyways I digress from the topic...

I would assume you have, but I would just try to play both amps as much as possible, with not only your tone, but other random tones and have a real sitdown with both amps before making a purchase. A cheap price tag is nice, but you may grow bored of the sound...

Good luck.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust