So i have decided to buy the vox night train or egnater rebel 20.
I do not have a cab yet. but I have a fender 2-12"-r solid state. its 100w going into 4ohms.
it has a power amp in and pre amp out.

so, would i be able to hook up the head to my fender amp??? (sorry for my lack of amp knowledge)

and do you need a special cable or can you use just a good ol' guitar cable to hook them together?
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Quote by vacant_pistol
Dude, this is Ultimate-Guitar.com
Opinions means fact, man.

Quote by sickstring11
Is it wrong for me to drink my own urine? Yes, but I do anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
Quote by forsaknazrael
depends on how the speakers are hooked up.

some combos have an easy way of hooking up an external head, some are all hard wired.

You can't run the new head into the amp, though. That might damage both of them. It would have to go direct to the speakers.

and you need speaker cable.

could I use the power amp in???
Quote by alaskan_ninja

Quote by vacant_pistol

Quote by sickstring11
Is it wrong for me to drink my own urine? Yes, but I do anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
power amp in should be for effects loop i believe. most likely you have a chord going from your head directly to your speakers, this makes it impossible to run another head with those speakers without modifications. you can splice the wire and put a 1/4" mono plug on the end. but then you won't be able to use the speakers with the combo's amp. i am imagining something like this:

you'll be looking for a jack that says 'speaker' or 'speaker out', you'd normally pull the 1/4: plug from it and plug it into another head
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
well that sucks! now i guess i have to go buy a real cab.
thanks for the info guys, it really helped!
Quote by alaskan_ninja

Quote by vacant_pistol

Quote by sickstring11
Last edited by soadrhcpmuse at Sep 24, 2010,