My friend claims I will have a hard time learning to sweep since I hold the pick with a curled finger and rest my wrist on the bridge. Is this true?
utter bullshit.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
You might have to adjust your hand a bit or something if it really ends up being a problem, but if you want to learn how to do it you'll adapt.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
i agree with banjocal...........cause thats the way i do it, and it's no hinderance.
What's so hard with sweeping? I mean, it's hard to make it fast and clean. But the technique isn't really much more than using downstrokes until you hit the last string and go up again with all upstroke
Quote by Suttam
What's so hard with sweeping? I mean, it's hard to make it fast and clean. But the technique isn't really much more than using downstrokes until you hit the last string and go up again with all upstroke

People usually have an issue with muting the strings and synching up both hands, but I agree, it's a fairly simple techique to learn but it's hard to master.
hmm ppl are having issues with sweeping...
well ppl are having issues with everything... you cant just jump on and start speed picking running your fretboard up and down... so it's the same..

harder is to get to write music which comes naturally... id prefer that over the guys here who can sweep so fast but fail at everything else...

i can however write well and sweep so
Start out with slow three string sweeps. When you get better at it, try four, or five. Throw in a tapping part or just **** around using it in musical purposes, sweeping alone is boring
Quote by Suttam
Start out with slow three string sweeps. When you get better at it, try four, or five. Throw in a tapping part or just **** around using it in musical purposes, sweeping alone is boring

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you only know the very basic minor/major shapes of sweeps... which are in fact boring. Sweeps are so underrated as a musical device, if the player knows what he's doing he can write a whole solo/passage relying on sweeps only and it will sound beautiful and musical. Just listen to most of Jason Becker's stuff or Paganini's compositons (it's not exactly sweeping but it's the same concept on the violin, plaing arpeggios that cover both the low and high end of the sounds).
Quote by Vendetta V
i can however write well and sweep so

Errr, I wouldn't go that far.

I listened to your music and I really wouldn't be going around claiming that you're a good writer, because, frankly, you're not.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Errr, I wouldn't go that far.

I listened to your music and I really wouldn't be going around claiming that you're a good writer, because, frankly, you're not.

I think his stuff is pretty good dude, dont put him down.
He may not be John Petrucci or Paul Gilbert, but he's at least trying.
Quote by ThrashKing
I think his stuff is pretty good dude, dont put him down.
He may not be John Petrucci or Paul Gilbert, but he's at least trying.

finally, someone on UG who is down to earth, realisitic, and not a prick.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I rest my wrist on the bridge and i anchr, check my sweeping at my profile
I'm much better now, this was 1 and a half years ago
Quote by Banjocal
finally, someone on UG who is down to earth, realisitic, and not a prick.

Yeah, I'm a prick because I'm disagreeing with his egotistical claims...
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yeah, I'm a prick because I'm disagreeing with his egotistical claims...

neh, its just coz he said dont put down his work, you were a lil harsh, i mean i had a listen; hes a reasonably good writer, thats all. i dont think youre a prick

EIT: also, can we make this thread into one about sucking off sleaze too?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Freepower
No, it's not true.

Thank you! Btw, your videos on youtube are great. I owe you so much for pointing me in the right direction. Hats off to you dude!
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Quote by Banjocal
neh, its just coz he said dont put down his work, you were a lil harsh, i mean i had a listen; hes a reasonably good writer, thats all. i dont think youre a prick

EIT: also, can we make this thread into one about sucking off sleaze too?

I haven't heard him, and so I can't agree with you or sleaze on weither he's bad, average or good, but no matter how good one may be, I and I'm sure many others, lose the interest on someone when he's got a big ego and let's everyone know about it like in this case.

Being a writer/guitarist/musician just as it isn't about the music you play, but it's how you play, the image you have, and the image you throw.
ahahaha.. i don`t think so.. i`m doing sweep picking with the same pick-holding style as you.. wkwkwkwkwkw..
haaahaa im back. lol i was js joking.. i actually am not that good at sweeping..
and well true enough to state taht whoever may know me in real life may prove that im not as ego as some of you may claim me to be

however... tahtnx for listening. i hope you guys checked my myspace thing otherwise on my UG profile ive got some old stuff...

also you could check out my classical piece (one of several) http://www.last.fm/music/Vendetta+V/Symphony+No1+demo

still if anybody wants C4C im open