I have a question that i would love to see answered. This is something that has plagued many guitarists and bassists I have known throughout the years.

What do you feel is the best way to link effects chains?

Keep it simple...Distortion, Overdrive, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Flanger, Fuzz, Wah, Compressor, an and EQ

I'll go ahead and tell y'all how i've got mine set up.

(Guitar)---Tuner---MXR Classic Overdrive---Digitech Metal Distortion---Rackmount EQ---Rackmount Compressor---Dunlop Crybaby from Hell---(Amp)

Feedback=Win
I usually go Wah/filter, Distortion/overdrives, Modulations (chorus, flanger,phaser,ect), Compressor, Gate. (i perfer to have EQ, delays and reverbs in loop). My setup goes from guitar to wah, super overdrive, straight to my amp and in the effects loop i have a alesis midiverb II that i have had forever that i use for all my reverbs, delays, and modulations.
In addition to the above I like OD before distortion as they IMO combine better that way.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Wah > Distortion/Fuzz > modulation > amp
FX loop out > EQ > FX Loop IN (Some people put timed based modulation and stuff in the FX loop too)

Wah is traditionally first.

I agree that it usually does come first, however, my biggest issue with that is you don't seem to get the full range of the wah when running it though effects. Meaning, the wah I use has an adjustable q and fine tuners for the frequency, and running it pre seems to cut out the dynamics a bit, but thats just my two cents haha
The lazy mans way (my way): Forget the fx loop because that means moving the heavy amp away from the wall and stuff. Just put everything in any order daisy chained into the input

edit: my current setup,

Delay, whammy pedal, wah, big muff.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Sep 27, 2010,
Quote by hello_baphomet
I agree that it usually does come first, however, my biggest issue with that is you don't seem to get the full range of the wah when running it though effects. Meaning, the wah I use has an adjustable q and fine tuners for the frequency, and running it pre seems to cut out the dynamics a bit, but thats just my two cents haha

I have a buffer in mine, doesn't suffer to the same degree as other wahs.