I am looking for mainly a crunchy, low and mid tone sound and doing some research people mentioned getting V30's put in if I order an Avatar cab, but a guy mentioned putting a mix match of g12k100 and hellatone60L, anyone have suggestions or comments?

im looking for tone from bands like Veil of maya, Born of Osiris, Stray from the path

also does anyone know how many ohms I should get if im running a peavey 6505+ head
Last edited by veilofmaya2 at Sep 24, 2010,
Quote by veilofmaya2
I am looking for mainly a crunchy, low and mid tone sound and doing some research people mentioned getting V30's put in if I order an Avatar cab, but a guy mentioned putting a mix match of g12k100 and hellatone60L, anyone have suggestions or comments?

im looking for tone from bands like Veil of maya, Born of Osiris, Stray from the path

also does anyone know how many ohms I should get if im running a peavey 6505+ head

i am guessing that the Hellatone 60L is a 'aged' V30 (don't feel like checking). i use 'K' speakers for a long time, i agree with azrael, great speaker for metal. the K has a great low end stability and fairly even response. the K will take all the slack tunings and high gain you can throw at it and not break a sweat.

the V30 (hellatone 60L) has a pronounced high-mids hump that will help cut in a mix, it will complement what the K does very well. there is a number of people who don't really dig on the V30 cuz it can be a bit too much in the mids. i recorded quit a bit of earlier material with V30's and loved em, but eventually started realizing certain characteristics that weren't so favorable and ended up changing them out. i won't look back. but i noticed V30's tend to sound pleasing to people who don't have a speaker preference as yet and is a great place to start if you don't know what you really want yet.

so your V30 and K-100 combo is popular and it'll do what you want most likely. i'd personally go for a K-100 and a classic 80, or a K-100 and a G12-65 or just a pair of K-100's if it were my choice (JIC you cared).
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae