I've finally got the money for a new tube amp.
I'll need it for small gigs, practicing at home and practicing with the band. How loud will I need to go?
I want an amp that'll give me an indie type sound (Arctic Monkeys/ The Strokes) so any ideas on what to go for would be appreciated!
Thanks!
What Monkeys album are we talking about? They all sound very different.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by jpnyc
Seriously, define small gigs. Is that 100 people or 1000?

Comon man, 1000 isn't a small gig is it.
TS lives in Ireland, small gigs is going to mean pubs/clubs.
200/300 maximum.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
What Monkeys album are we talking about? They all sound very different.

First album.. Love the sound..

Budget would be €650, 700 if I pushed it.
I believe Alex used an Orange AD30T and a Vox AC30 to record the first album, playing a Strat mainly.

And Jamie used a Hiwatt Custom 50, playing mainly a Tele.

Awsome album both musically and tonallly.

I'm not sure how much the Hiwatt costs.

But if you want the Orange or the Vox, you're probably going to have to look used with that budget.