I wanted to get a new guitar and I've posted here before for advice on a new 7 string but after playing my friend's brother's 7 string I just didn't like the way it felt AT ALL...the neck was waaay to wide, it was a PAIN to play anything on the 7th string in the upper frets. Also the choice of aftermarket pickups for 7 strings is VERY limited. So I've decided to FCK it and get a good old 6 string. E Standard FTW.

So I play a lot of metal. A bit of jazz. A bit of blues. A lot of rock.

I'm looking for a guitar with a double cutaway Les Paul style body (I just like the shape) and a 25.5" scale length preferably, I'm just used to it.

22 frets AT LEAST...I'd prefer 24 though. X Jumbo if possible.

No Floyds please!

No active pickups please, my band's rhythm guitarist uses EMG 85/60 and it sounds too compressed for me. My (current) guitar on the other hand has STOCK passives and I like it much better than his.

Price range is around 700 USD maybe?

Give me your wisdom oh UG!!!!

Last edited by catscratchfever at Sep 24, 2010,
Quote by britishsligean
prs custom 24 se 25th aniversary

Haha you beat me. This is probably the closest you will get TS
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Does it have a fixed bridge?

Sorry I edited my OP only now. I'd like fixed bridges. I don't like tremolos at all..
Hey, is there a MIA Fender HSS Strat for 700 bucks? I saw something on the Fender website..is that guitar good?

EDIT: Okay I don't mind trems...I just hate Floyds
Actually I saw a gibson double cutaway les paul studio at my guitar center. It was used at $629 and a little beat up but nothing a good cleaning wouldn't fix up. So if you like the double cut shape and you seem to play a bit of everything really I think you'd be pretty happy with one.
Of course I try to avoid used guitars because I can't help but notice everyone seems to beat the living shit out of their gear when I'm browsing used.
So in that case PRS custom 22 or 24 SE would be a great guitar. And unless it's no longer true they're trem and fixed bridge options.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.