The band i'm in is writing a new song and the lead guitarist wants to do a kind of double lead thing in a blues scale for the solo kind of like the last verse of "radar love" by golden earring, unfortunately i only have a couple of licks from the blues scales (and they are both in the same position), that i know well enough to bust out when ever i want. This is because i've spent too much time learning technique and theory, and not enough time on phrasing...

My question is: does anyone have suggestions for songs that have some nice blues lead licks, that aren't too overly complicated(we aren't looking for super technical, more melodic)?.... I've already been working with "still got the blues" by gary moore and radar love as mentioned above...

I'm also open to just blues licks as well.
Quote by krypticguitar87
The band i'm in is writing a new song and the lead guitarist wants to do a kind of double lead thing in a blues scale for the solo kind of like the last verse of "radar love" by golden earring, unfortunately i only have a couple of licks from the blues scales (and they are both in the same position), that i know well enough to bust out when ever i want. This is because i've spent too much time learning technique and theory, and not enough time on phrasing...

My question is: does anyone have suggestions for songs that have some nice blues lead licks, that aren't too overly complicated(we aren't looking for super technical, more melodic)?.... I've already been working with "still got the blues" by gary moore and radar love as mentioned above...

I'm also open to just blues licks as well.

Anything by Los Lonely Boys.

Melodic Blues soling at its best.