I'm wondering what guitars you guys would reccomend for stuff that is everything from Iron Maiden, Metallica etc. to SRV and Hendrix stuff. I know because I said Hendrix and SRV everyone is going to say strat, but I just want to know what would be good for everything, something I can get a killer clean tone on to jam and then have a decent tone, decent sustain, etc. for metal as well. Thanks
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
An appropriately priced Ibanez RG or Schecter C1 with coil splitting would work, depending on your taste in body and neck styling. Maybe a Charvel if you have the money or can find a nice used one, and if you really have cash to spend start looking at high-end H/S/H Fenders.
I would personally say a PRS, they are probably some of the most dynamic guitars out there, but of course just go to your local music shop and see what feels best in your hands
Since you didn't indicate if money is an issue, I would suggest Japanese made Ibanezs or a EBMM Axis super sport.
Quote by jpnyc
An appropriately priced Ibanez RG or Schecter C1 with coil splitting would work, depending on your taste in body and neck styling. Maybe a Charvel if you have the money or can find a nice used one, and if you really have cash to spend start looking at high-end H/S/H Fenders.

My main guitar right now actually is an Ibanez RG4EXFM1 haha, however the clean tone I get is just not to my liking at all...
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I should throw it out there since I forgot to add it in that I am only 15 so I'm not really looking to spend thousands of dollars, maybe 800 at the most. Sorry for not making that clear.
Quote by Robchappers

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
ugh i cant stand shecters, they just seem so bland to me.

if you want an all round guitar thats PROVEN to not only be a metal beast and a blues guitar.
i present to you.

Gibson Flying V
Quote by shredibanez24
My main guitar right now actually is an Ibanez RG4EXFM1 haha, however the clean tone I get is just not to my liking at all...

So that leads us to: do you want a second guitar for clean tones while you use the RG for distortion? Or would you be better off just putting better pickups in the RG?
Your amp might be the problem. You might want to look at some nice tube stacks or combos to get a nice tone.
Quote by Somekid94
Your amp might be the problem. You might want to look at some nice tube stacks or combos to get a nice tone.

this!!Amps are the core of your tone
look into prs maybe a used custom 24 or some of the SE series those guitars are very versatile