My peavey classic has been good to me. But now I'm moving on to a closed back cab.
But it still has something I want.
Can someone tell me how to get this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Out of this? :

They sure did not make the process easy, but the speaker I want is a replacement so someone has done it before. I will include a bunch of pics with screws, I just need to know what I need to do to access the speaker.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Help would be very much appreciated
Can you see how the back panel is held on? Glue?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
Can you see how the back panel is held on? Glue?

It came off. I don't think it was supposed to though.

Now there's another problem, the speaker isn't held together in place with screws as you would think. It's some other sort of contraption that I do not have the tools for.
Quote by patriotplayer90
It came off. I don't think it was supposed to though.

Now there's another problem, the speaker isn't held together in place with screws as you would think. It's some other sort of contraption that I do not have the tools for.

pics??
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Are you sure it is not front loaded? Can you take a better pic of the front?

All I have is my phone camera, and its hard to take a good pic with. There are plenty of screws on the front of the amp, but it doesn't seem like it was meant to come off any more than the panel on the back of the amp.
i think you'd have to take off the 2 boards on the back, then remove the head unit as well, after that you have access. usually the head unit is attached with ~4 screws from the top, but yours might be elsewhere.

i had to do that process with my music man combos when i repaired the speakers.

oh hell, your metal corner pieces also attach to those boards... extra pain in the ass for you. from what i can tell, your head unit may be mounted with 2 screws on top and 2 on the back. sorry, that is the best i can tell from the blurry pics.

311 might be onto something as well, you might be lucky and they could be front mounted, usually the front grill with come off if that is the case (it is attached with either velcro or fitted into place) use a butter knife to help get it off...

no, wait, i see pieces of wood connected to the baffle obstructing the front of the speaker so it is most likely not front mount... looks like there may be screws up front connecting the head unit too, unsure.

take off the 2 boards in the back for a better view, it may become apparent then, then find whatever screws are holding the head unit in place and BE CAREFUL to not let the amp drop (most amps have pieces of wood right under the head unit to catch it anyway, but always be careful.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
you can take a good pic with a cell phone if you try ....just get a ton of light on it and hold it real still.

it looks like the cab frame or beam is sitting there so it may not be front loading at all, I just saw all those screws on the front

someone will have more experience with these and jump in. What are you going to do with the Wizard again?

i'm going to work really hard here.

even if you get top panel in the back off I don't see how you can get the speaker out so either all of the back comes off or just the front. For the part in the back do you see any holes that may have had a screw in it before and may now be glued? run your fingers around all of the insides to feel for screw holes....basically im drunk and in a helpful mood otherwise, i would not be screwing withthis

Edit: Yeah +1 gumbi, I forgot to mention you'll probably have to take the chassis out. PatriotPlayer90, if you do have to take the chassis out make sure you don't touch anything on the inside. Just slide it out carefully and don't leave it laying around where kids can touch it and shit
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 24, 2010,
yeah, good point 311, those filter caps can hold a lethal charge, try to keep your hand on the outside of the head unit for sure
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Hey... wait just a cotton-pickin' minute... if you really are patriotplayer90 why would you want that Red Coat? Gentlemen... I think we have an impostor in our midst.