ALRRRRIIIGGGHHHTTT.

Some of you may have seen my last nad, a bugera 6262, which sounded great but unfortunately did not last very long. Not saying those amps suck, I thought it sounded awesome, but I didn't want to go through the whole ordeal again. I played on that amp once and had to fight for a month to send it back.

Now heres my NAD, purchased from ebay with brand new 6l6 tubes absolute mint condition and a nice surprise you'll see for yourself

Box, insanely well packed:

without all the bubble wrap:

cover for it excitement building:

Other side oh man :

and the amp itself in all it's awesome beauty:

Now this thing is just beautiful. Absolute mint with a custom diamond faceplate instead of the tacky mudflap girl one. Actice EQ on this thing is awesome. It's seriously crazy versatile, the 6262 was very metal but not very versatile. I think this thing has a better loud sound but the 6262 sounded better at less than 1 volume. I like the clean sound alot, but the crunch and ultra make this amp awesome. I'm currently in a christian heavvvyyyy alt rock band. And being a metal lead player at heart I have to have that ultra distorted crushing sound and some liquid smooth leads sound, which this amp does very well. and dive bombs are freaking sweet. My new favorite amp I think.
Looks sexy! HNAD!
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
so jealous. HNAD!
Rock In Peace, Ronnie James Dio

my gear:
Charvel Model 4
Custom Superstrat w/ DiMarzios (under construction)
Peavey Vypyr
saving up for a better amp
Quote by JacobShredder

Yeah, I get a hyper whenever I see that amp

HNAD

The XXX is more versatile than the 6262 because they are different amps. Just like the 333x is more versatile than a 6262 and a 6505+.

What happened to your 6262

How much and what tubes you got??
Those are some of the sexiest amps around. Kind of crazy seeing as everything else Peavey makes is ugly as f*#$k
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Yeah, I get a hyper whenever I see that amp

HNAD

The XXX is more versatile than the 6262 because they are different amps. Just like the 333x is more versatile than a 6262 and a 6505+.

What happened to your 6262

How much and what tubes you got??

ME too haha, it's quite beautiful with the diamond front plate

This is true, but the XXX still has the same balls probably more than 6262 and just overall more versatile. But I give it to the 6262 for sounding better at low volumes definitely.

it just died..I was gonna replace the fuse but behringer insisted I send it in. so I just sent it back to store I got it from after I told them it worked for a very short amount of time and I still had my 15 day money back guarentee.

it cost me $500
NOS 6l6 reflector tubes, i'm new to tubes so I'm not quite sure what that means but eh. I'm thinking bout switching to el34's cause everyone says it makes a huge difference.
Quote by JacobShredder
ME too haha, it's quite beautiful with the diamond front plate

This is true, but the XXX still has the same balls probably more than 6262 and just overall more versatile. But I give it to the 6262 for sounding better at low volumes definitely.

it just died..I was gonna replace the fuse but behringer insisted I send it in. so I just sent it back to store I got it from after I told them it worked for a very short amount of time and I still had my 15 day money back guarentee.

it cost me $500
NOS 6l6 reflector tubes, i'm new to tubes so I'm not quite sure what that means but eh. I'm thinking bout switching to el34's cause everyone says it makes a huge difference.

What cab are you running it through?
Well done sir. These seem to be one of the best deals out there right now. If you don't mind me asking, what did it set you back?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
@patriot unfortunately a Marshall MG 4x12. I'll upgrade to something nicer sometime soon. I'm thinking maybe a Mesa or Avatar?

@tube $500 =]
Primarily? Well actually, when I'm just sitting around it's generally melodic death metal, tech shred. But I'm actually in a christian alt rock band with heaaavvvyyy guitar riffs (lots of palm muted super rhythms)
I've just heard from alot of people that the amp comes alive with EL34's. I'm digging the 6l6's though.
Quote by JacobShredder
@patriot unfortunately a Marshall MG 4x12. I'll upgrade to something nicer sometime soon. I'm thinking maybe a Mesa or Avatar?

@tube $500 =]

Oh definitely. Be careful about getting V30s though, they did not get along with my peavey at all
Quote by JacobShredder
Primarily? Well actually, when I'm just sitting around it's generally melodic death metal, tech shred. But I'm actually in a christian alt rock band with heaaavvvyyy guitar riffs (lots of palm muted super rhythms)
I've just heard from alot of people that the amp comes alive with EL34's. I'm digging the 6l6's though.

Then I'd say just stick with your 6L6s for now. You'll get a chance to make a power tube decision later on. Preamp tubes will probably have more of an effect than power tubes anyway. If you like a darker tone get some JJ high gainers in there.

The 6L6 are what that amp is voiced with originally and will have more low end and chimy highs as they are somewhat scooped like that by nature. The EL34s, especially JJs, Mullards, TAD and Tung SOl will have tons of mids which are great in a live setting of if you are like me and like that mid thump to the chest.

Anytime you can afford some extra tubes then get them because you will also one day appreciate having spare tubes with you.
HNAD! XXX's are great, I've been looking to pick one up, too bad they arent cheap here like they are in the US!
Wish I had one of those XXXs! They're awesome amps, for sure. And they look as awesome as they sound.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Nice HNAD
Guitars:
Fame Forum 3
Aria STG-004
Ashton Acoustic

Amps:
Bugera V22
Drive CD-10

Effects:
Boss ME-50

Quote by Kanthras
2/10

No fire extinguisher reference, unoriginal, no Militia flamebait, disappointing.

Bugera Users Militia
Last.fm
Very nice!! Congratz
Excellent turn around from a broken 6262. Well done sir, glad it all worked out
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

The hawt chick faceplate does give it some character!
it looks very slightly like a Dual rec nao
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209