Is there a difference in the voicing of the gain channels? Or does the roadster 3 and 4 sound just like a Dual rec 2 and 3?
The Roadster is a fair bit more versatile. Its a stripped down version of the Roadking, which is similar to Rectos in voicing, but it can get a lot tighter sounding than a Recto. There are differences, and IMO they are big enough to warrant getting the Roadster over a Recto.
Be real dudes. The Roadster is overkill for 95% of players. Get a Dual Rec first and if you seriously need the options and versatility that the Roadster provides, than upgrade.
Quote by drewfromutah
Be real dudes. The Roadster is overkill for 95% of players. Get a Dual Rec first and if you seriously need the options and versatility that the Roadster provides, than upgrade.

It also sounds better in general, IMO at least. The features aren't the only thing the Roadster has over the Dual Rec.
Quote by drewfromutah
More buttons, knobs and switches is NEVER overkill.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Avedas
It also sounds better in general, IMO at least. The features aren't the only thing the Roadster has over the Dual Rec.

+1 i prefer the tone over the roadster to a dual rec much tighter and less fizzy
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
Quote by littlephil
The Roadster is a fair bit more versatile. Its a stripped down version of the Roadking, which is similar to Rectos in voicing, but it can get a lot tighter sounding than a Recto. There are differences, and IMO they are big enough to warrant getting the Roadster over a Recto.

this, it depends what you're looking for really. the recto is more of an uber gain machine whereas the Roadster is deffo more versatile and IMO has better cleans but i wouldn't use all the other features on it and couldn't afford it so went for a Recto lol
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
I need the cleanest cleans, and REALLY HEAVY Distortion and I loved the Dual Rec I tried, but I havn't played a Roadster. I like That it has Reverb though. My Rig = Matt Tuck Rhaods w/ SD Blackouts, a mxr STFU pedal, an Ibanez turbo tube screamer, Black Label Chorus, and Carbon Copy Delay. (Btw all pedals = Garage sale win). I play rhythm guitar for metal core. I like versatility I don't NEED 4 channels, but I like the Idea. But Like is the roadster just as heavy as the dual rec?
Quote by Jaredmkl
I need the cleanest cleans, and REALLY HEAVY Distortion and I loved the Dual Rec I tried, but I havn't played a Roadster. I like That it has Reverb though. My Rig = Matt Tuck Rhaods w/ SD Blackouts, a mxr STFU pedal, an Ibanez turbo tube screamer, Black Label Chorus, and Carbon Copy Delay. (Btw all pedals = Garage sale win). I play rhythm guitar for metal core. I like versatility I don't NEED 4 channels, but I like the Idea. But Like is the roadster just as heavy as the dual rec?

yes, its apparently tighter too but i couldn't really tell when i played them back to back
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
Quote by AcousticMirror
the roadster sounds way better.

This.

EDIT: Welcome back AM.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by AcousticMirror
Also it's heavier. There's more stuff in it. It's way heavier.

Plus a lot more versatility(ironic, because Mesa's are already very veritile)
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON