PaintOurSilence
tipsmash
1,047 IQ
This is a new band from my area, just played their first show last night and I had the pleasure of seeing them. I was seriously blown away, the vocalist is amazing and insane live. They have a full EP up to download for free and I highly recommend it.

http://www.myspace.com/terrorspells
--
...and the world sighed in relief
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
This is actually pretty good.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Listen to this stuff.

Surprisingly good.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Nothing that special...sound lke they'd be good fun live, that's about all I have to say
My name is Danny. Call me that.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Yeah, I suppose so. I'm just surprised that a band with such a retarded myspace doesn't sound completely unlistenable.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
asator
whatever
525 IQ
That's what I thought as well, actually. Maybe that's their gameplan.
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Hah I like how they have a well recorded EP and a fully done up page with professional looking pictures and art and whatnot, but they just played their first show 3 days ago. Priorities man.
I'm an asshole.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
I like this less and less each listen.

I'd still download it, but the vocals are starting to bother me.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Yeah, bit weird. On the other hand, I think too many bands play shows for too long before thinking about recording or whatever. Surely starting recording quickly and having music online when you've only played a few shows is better than gigging for years before actually getting any music out there. Shows are always better when the crowd knows the songs..
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
I've been in bands that have recorded long before playing a show. Helps to be able to have a merch table set up immediately, even if just to sell demos.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
I think you should concentrate on writing good songs, and then test them out live to see if people are digging them and then record them. Then you can take your publicity pictures.
I'm an asshole.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by lookpizza
I think you should concentrate on writing good songs, and then test them out live to see if people are digging them and then record them. Then you can take your publicity pictures.

Who says I don't put ample amounts of time into songwriting if I put a demo out beforehand? That's really weird logic.

Also, who cares if people like them? If people hate them, then yeah, I can see that being a problem, but that hasn't happened so far.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Quote by nashawa
Who says I don't put ample amounts of time into songwriting if I put a demo out beforehand? That's really weird logic.

Also, who cares if people like them? If people hate them, then yeah, I can see that being a problem, but that hasn't happened so far.

Dude we're not talking about demos. We're talking about fully recorded songs.
I'm an asshole.
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Oh... okay. Yeah, that's stupid.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
asator
whatever
525 IQ
I'm not saying people should spend hundreds on a professional release before ever playing a show. I just don't see the point in doing 6 months of shows before ever recording anything. A few gigs, then recording and releasing makes the most sense to me. Test run the songs, but still get them out early enough for people to learn the words.
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Hah well yea that would be silly too. I'm just saying, you know, you should probably play a few shows before you try to get Michael Bay to direct your music video.
I'm an asshole.
PaintOurSilence
tipsmash
1,047 IQ
Bump. More people should listen to this band.

Here's video of one of their shows from a couple days ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh7jZQv7ZG8 The singer is crazy and attacks people. I'm also aware people that go to shows in my area are very lame.
--
asator
whatever
525 IQ
Well that sucked.

I audibly laughed at the circle pit.
SeveredSurvival
Worship the riff
1,772 IQ
We played a show with Longshot, good dudes.

EDIT: About 7 of my friends were at that show that they have posted. Pretty sure they played with Longshot, dancing with paris and after the vendetta.
I drink your milkshake.
Last edited by SeveredSurvival at Oct 25, 2010,
PaintOurSilence
tipsmash
1,047 IQ
Yeah man, thats cool. Longshot are good friends of mine, I'm usually following them around with a camera at most of their shows haha.
--
SeveredSurvival
Worship the riff
1,772 IQ
Did you go to the Ottawa date? On the 8th? I believe
I drink your milkshake.
PaintOurSilence
tipsmash
1,047 IQ
Nah I couldnt go that weekend, but I might be going with them to Kemptville and some random house show in Ottawa on November 5th and 6th.
--
SeveredSurvival
Worship the riff
1,772 IQ
Steves house show and Kemtpville, I will probably see you there.
I drink your milkshake.
fuel4blood
10 IQ
I actually like these guys, I like how is has a very raw and real feel to it. Kind of reminds me of every time i die without the southern twang.